The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, celebrated her 37th birthday on Saturday alongside her husband Prince Harry.
However, this year's birthday celebrations were a little different for the new Duchess, who spent her special day at the wedding of Charlie Van Straubenzee to Daisy Jenks in Surrey.
Van Straubenzee is a childhood friend of Prince Harry's and it was reported the Prince acted as his best man on his big day.
The Duke of Sussex, 33, was one of the first guests to arrive to the exclusive affair, looking dapper in his suit and tails. Meghan arrived shortly after in a gorgeous Club Monaco colour-block mid-length skirt and button-up shirt, teamed with a tie-up leather belt, Aquazzura stilettos and Philip Treacy hat.
The birthday girl was all smiles as she waved to the awaiting crowd then joined her husband to walk to the ceremony, greeting their friends at the church's entrance.
Meghan's brother and sister in law, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were noticeably absent from the event. The couple are also good friends of Charlie, in fact, the groom's older brother Thomas Van Straubenzee is one of Charlotte's five godparents.
It's thought William and Kate may have been holidaying in Mustique. It's also been suggested they could have always planned to shun the spotlight and slip into the reception later in the evening.
Royal watchers were pleased to see Meghan in such high spirits on her birthday considering the ongoing drama of the Markle family feud which has reportedly sent Kensington Palace into crisis talks.
Just this weekend, Meghan's half-sister Samantha Markle, 53, took to Twitter to take yet another swipe at the Duchess.
"Happy Birthday Meg! It would be so lovely and appropriate of you to send DAD a BELATED birthday card for his July 18th Cheers," she wrote, adding a birthday cake emoji.
Their father Thomas celebrated his 74th birthday last month and has since spoken to the media about his distress that he has not seen Meghan for over two months.
According to The Mirror, Meghan is said to be flying to the US next month to meet up with her father.
Meanwhile, according to Woman's Day, Harry - at his wits end - is planning to rush to Mexico to speak to Meghan's father.
Only time will reveal how the Markle debacle is resolved!
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019