Meghan Markle, the new Duchess of Sussex, will be turning 37 on Saturday August 4, but the new royal won't be celebrating the occasion with a lavish party, neither will she be jetting to Africa as she reportedly did on her last birthday with Prince Harry, 33. Instead, the Duchess will be enjoying someone's else's big day.
According to People, the newly married Duke and Duchess are set to attend the wedding of Harry's close friend Charlie Van Straubenzee to Daisy Jenks on Meghan's birthday.
Prince Harry and Van Straubenzee were peers at Ludgrove Prep School and have been friends ever since.
Royal photographer Tim Rooke revealed in a tweet that Prince Harry will serve the honour as the groom's best man -- a part the Prince in well-versed in by now!
"Unfortunately I will be missing the wedding of Charlie Van Straubenzee and Daisy Jenks where Prince Harry will be best man on August 4th in Churt Surrey as I will be on the beach," Rooke tweeted. "Can't do everything!"
Although attending a wedding on her birthday, Meghan will be surrounded by her family as it's expected the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will also be guests of the Van Straubenzee wedding.
It is not yet known if William and Kate's children will attend, however the groom's older brother Thomas Van Straubenzee is one of Charlotte's five godparents.
In a sweet coincidence, Meghan's birthday falls on another important date to the royal family. The Duchess shares the same birthday as the Queen's mother, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon. The Queen Mother passed away in 2002. The Duchess and the Queen already have a charming bond, perhaps this connection has brought them even closer.
Wishing Meghan the happiest of birthdays!
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am