The premier might be a whopping 17 months away but we’re already getting excited for the latest caper in the Ocean’s franchise.
Why? Because the cast is the stuff of Hollywood-laden dreams.
The film, which is set to hit cinemas in 2018, is an all-female update to the past three films - Ocean’s Eleven (2001), Ocean’s Twelve (2004) and Ocean’s Thirteen (2007) - that starred George Clooney, Matt Damon and Brad Pitt.
But this time around the always-intriguing plot will follow the ultimate girl-power squad: Sandra Bullock, Rihanna, Mindy Kaling, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Sarah Paulson and hip-hop artist Awkwafina.
Taking to Instagram, 28-year-old singer Rihanna has shared the very first glimpse of the principal cast in-character.
The photo, which was originally shared by Warner Bros. on January 30, shows the impressive cast spread out on an empty New York subway train.
Oscar winners Sandra, Anne and Aussie-darling Cate are featured in the front of the car. Next, you’ll see Emmy and Golden Globe winner Sarah before Rihanna, Mindy, Helen and Awkwafina make their presence known.
And may we just say - each character is sporting what will no doubt be some of the fiercest outfits of 2017.
The latest Ocean’s installment will follow the fiery women as they plan to steal a necklace from the Met Gala - all by framing a gallery owner, played by Damien Lewis, for the crime.
It has also been rumoured that Sandra’s character will star as the leader of the pack, playing the ex-con sister of Danny Ocean, who you’ll remember was played by ever-the-heartthrob George Clooney in the previous films.
Warner Bros. have also kindly decided to share a small plot descriptor to tide us over until next year.
They said, "In Summer 2018…the tide will turn. Here’s your First Look at #Oceans8. Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Village Roadshow Pictures’ first look at “Ocean’s 8” from one of New York City’s most iconic locales: the subway. In Summer 2018, the tide will turn as (L-r) Debbie Ocean (Sandra Bullock) attempts to pull off the heist of the century at New York City’s star-studded annual Met Gala. Her first stop is to assemble the perfect crew: Lou (Cate Blanchett); Nine Ball (Rihanna); Amita (Mindy Kaling); Constance (Awkwafina); Rose (Helena Bonham Carter); Daphne Kluger (Anne Hathaway); and Tammy (Sarah Paulson)."
The film previously made headlines when images of the star-studded crew went viral after they were spotted filming on location in New York city.
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019