The premier might be a whopping 17 months away but we’re already getting excited for the latest caper in the Ocean’s franchise.
Why? Because the cast is the stuff of Hollywood-laden dreams.
The film, which is set to hit cinemas in 2018, is an all-female update to the past three films - Ocean’s Eleven (2001), Ocean’s Twelve (2004) and Ocean’s Thirteen (2007) - that starred George Clooney, Matt Damon and Brad Pitt.
But this time around the always-intriguing plot will follow the ultimate girl-power squad: Sandra Bullock, Rihanna, Mindy Kaling, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Sarah Paulson and hip-hop artist Awkwafina.
Taking to Instagram, 28-year-old singer Rihanna has shared the very first glimpse of the principal cast in-character.
The photo, which was originally shared by Warner Bros. on January 30, shows the impressive cast spread out on an empty New York subway train.
Oscar winners Sandra, Anne and Aussie-darling Cate are featured in the front of the car. Next, you’ll see Emmy and Golden Globe winner Sarah before Rihanna, Mindy, Helen and Awkwafina make their presence known.
And may we just say - each character is sporting what will no doubt be some of the fiercest outfits of 2017.
The latest Ocean’s installment will follow the fiery women as they plan to steal a necklace from the Met Gala - all by framing a gallery owner, played by Damien Lewis, for the crime.
It has also been rumoured that Sandra’s character will star as the leader of the pack, playing the ex-con sister of Danny Ocean, who you’ll remember was played by ever-the-heartthrob George Clooney in the previous films.
Warner Bros. have also kindly decided to share a small plot descriptor to tide us over until next year.
They said, "In Summer 2018…the tide will turn. Here’s your First Look at #Oceans8. Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Village Roadshow Pictures’ first look at “Ocean’s 8” from one of New York City’s most iconic locales: the subway. In Summer 2018, the tide will turn as (L-r) Debbie Ocean (Sandra Bullock) attempts to pull off the heist of the century at New York City’s star-studded annual Met Gala. Her first stop is to assemble the perfect crew: Lou (Cate Blanchett); Nine Ball (Rihanna); Amita (Mindy Kaling); Constance (Awkwafina); Rose (Helena Bonham Carter); Daphne Kluger (Anne Hathaway); and Tammy (Sarah Paulson)."
The film previously made headlines when images of the star-studded crew went viral after they were spotted filming on location in New York city.
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019