- Mike was the first person to follow his fan page
- He monitors and responds to all the comments very closely
- And most suspiciously, the captions on the "fan page" are so detailed that it's either a very good friend who knows a lot about the minute details of Mike's life, or quite possibly the man himself.
He's one of the most outgoing and confident participants from this season of Married At First Sight Australia.
But could Mike Gunner be so self-assured that he's been running his own fan page?
This week, super-sleuthing MAFS fans couldn't help but notice a few sneaky clues that the 44-year-old might be the man behind his own "fan page" account on Instagram - @team_mike_mafs.
In a series of posts shared on the @mafsfunny Instagram account, it was revealed that:
For example, in one post shared to the @team_mike_mafs page, the caption sheds light on the electrician's charitable deeds.
"Mike doing what he does best! He has a big heart. When he travels he likes to get amongst the locals and give back to the community. He plays soccer with the kids and brings food for the village (and their dogs!). #teamMike #teammikeMAFS #mikekangaroo," it reads next to a snapshot of Mike with a group of local children he has met on his travels.
See below for the 'evidence' collected by the MAFS Funny Instagram page.
Another upload once again champions his community spirit:
"He won't be playing for Real Madrid anytime soon, but he gave it a good crack! Mike and some mates visited this village and brought the soccer ball so the kids could have some fun. Kids 5, Mike 0 (although the final score is still debated!). #mikekangaroo #teamMike #MikeIsALegend #lovenothate #notrollshere."
If Mike, who has been matched with Heidi on the show, is indeed managing the account it looks like he's also been having conversations with himself in the comment section.
Under a smouldering headshot of the reality TV star, which features a glowing caption trumpeting his family values, loyal heart, advocacy for animal welfare, Mike Gunner confirms to a curious fan that he doesn't eat meat.
Underneath Mike's post is a comment from the @team_mike_mafs page which reads: "Hey mate! Good luck with your radio interviews today!"
Now to Love contacted the fan page for comment, and overnight the page suspiciously disappeared.
UPDATE 14TH FEBRUARY
Earlier today, Mike was interviewed on the Kyle and Jackie O radio show in Australia and was asked point blank whether he was behind the fan page.
"It's pandemonium! No, it's not my page," Mike said. "It's a friend of mine who was offended by the trolling and thought she'd throw a bit of support my way. Who was I to discourage a bit of support?"
Before adding: "I had nothing to do with it. Suddenly I was sent a link and I felt compelled to follow it to see what people said."
As for why it vanished just hours after our story appeared, Mike explained: "I asked her to shut it down. It didn't feel right in the end and she was getting a lot of flak so I told her to pull the pin."
In the interview Mike only referenced one female friend running the account, however the bio stated that "friends", plural, of his were behind it.
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveToday 11:28am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayToday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveToday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesToday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerThe modern nun: meet the enterprising Carmelite nuns of Melbourne who run their own beauty product business
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 23, 2019
- FamilyThe mindfulness coach changing Kiwi kids' lives by teaching them how to meditate
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 22, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan’s former co-star reveals what she’s really like in real life
Now To LoveMar 22, 2019