Jordan Mauger and Fleur Verhoeven have called it quits, just days after the romantic conclusion to their journey on The Bachelor NZ aired.
Film buff Jordan was the one who decided to break things off, with Fleur telling TV3's Story that she hadn't been expecting the news at all.
Watch: Fleur reveals how Jordan broke up with her - story continues below
"I was in a place where I was expecting things were still very new, still very fresh. I had really hoped that we could start fresh. Start over and get to know each other.
"I was quite surprised to hear he doesn't want to give it a chance."
The 26-year-old was clearly still reeling from the news, as she told Story she wasn't feeling "the greatest".
"I've told him, if it was up to me I'd love to give it a shot. I do have feelings for him. I wouldn't say I love him because it was very early days but I was definitely interested in getting to know him better."
Jordan chose the 26-year-old blonde beauty over runner-up Naz Khanjani in the finale episode of The Bachelor New Zealand that aired on Monday, gifting her a massive silver sparkler from Michael Hill in the process.
While Naz has made no secret of her feelings for Jordan since the finale aired, Fleur told Story that she didn't think the controversial bachelorette had anything to do with the split.
"It is disappointing to see that Naz is acting the way she is. All I can say is that it is disappointing."
The split comes on the heels of Naz's revelation that she slept with Jordan "more than once" during their overnight date.
Watch: Naz drops a bombshell about her overnight date with Jordan
- TVAngela Bloomfield's rocky ride on Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayOct 13, 2021
- TVJess Tyson's secret weapon to win Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayOct 09, 2021
- At homeWe love this family home which has a resort-style feel
Now To LoveOct 07, 2021
- Diet & NutritionWhy drinking a cup of tea is a simple and effective step in self-care
Now To LoveOct 04, 2021
- At homeTips for creating a stylish and comfortable outdoor entertaining space
Woman's DaySep 27, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island JJ Fong's personal heartache
Woman's DaySep 26, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Edna Swart reveals her battle with self-confidence
Woman's DaySep 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsRyan Bridge opens up about landing his dream job as the new host of The AM Show
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 25, 2021