The country singer has one simple message for former BFF Marie-Anne Thiebaud.
Shania's marriage to Robert 'Mutt' Lange ended in heartbreak seven years ago, when Robert - the father of her son Eja - left the singer for her former best friend Marie-Anne Thiebaud.
The stress of the divorce caused Shania to come down with dysphonia, a condition that causes the muscles to squeeze the voice box. Wondering if she would ever use her voice again, Shania revealed the drama of her marriage breakdown left her "an emotional mess".
In a happy twist of fate, however, Shania ended up finding her second chance at true love with none other than the man who used to be married to Marie-Anne - Frederic Thiebaud. The two got hitched in a romantic beach ceremony in Puerto Rico, in January 2011.
While she's put the past behind her, Shania had just one message for her former friend and longtime secretary during a recent interview: "I wish I'd never met you".
"I think there are just some people in life you would say, 'I wish I hadn't met this person or I would have been better off not ever knowing that person,'" she told Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live.
Ultimately though, Shania says she doesn't hold any regrets about what happened.
"... I can't say I would be better off because I think I learned a lot from all of that. I don't regret it."
- BodyThis Kiwi mum had a hysterectomy at 30 for her kids
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 2:30pm
- Real LifeKiwi mum Emma Blundell's dying wish for her nephew
Woman's DayToday 12:00pm
- Celebrity NewsMKR NZ's Jay and Sarah reveal how fame almost destroyed their relationship
Woman's DayYesterday 2:00pm
- At homeGive your child's bedroom a fresh look with this colour palette
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsSporting royalty! New photos revealed of Prince George playing football with his school team
Now To LoveYesterday 7:00am
- TVElisabeth Easther on why "it's good to be bad" playing her Shorty character
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 21, 2022
- Celebrity NewsErin Simpson and Zac Franich's baby joy: 'We're finally having a baby!'
Now To LoveJan 20, 2022
- Real LifeRadio star Steve Broad reveals the tragedy that motivates him
Woman's DayJan 19, 2022
- RoyalsPrince William’s romantic surprise on Kate Middleton’s birthday
Now To LoveJan 17, 2022