Dubbed New Zealand’s own royal wedding, the happy couple didn’t disappoint, exchanging vows in stunning style on the edge of Lake Wanaka on Saturday.
Woman’s Day is delighted to share the official magazine coverage of the beautiful wedding of Mr and Mrs McCaw held at The Olive Grove in Wanaka, with the exclusive photos and story on-sale from today.
Gemma, 26, was the picture of elegance, wearing a white custom-made Anna Schimmel silk satin gown, shoes by Valentino and diamond earrings by Sutcliffe Jewellery. And Richie, 36, looked more handsome than ever in a black Ermenegildo Zegna suit.
They exchanged wedding vows in front of 170 family and friends, before choppering to the top of the Crown Range with dramatic views of Wanaka - where they were engaged just over a year ago - providing the picture-perfect backdrop for their wedding photos.
Returning to a marquee reception at The Olive Grove, guests enjoyed a three-course meal, before the cutting of the cake and emotionally charged speeches celebrating the bride and groom’s marriage.
“The main thing was that we wanted a very chilled out day,” Richie told Woman’s Day. “I think that’s just the way we are. Today has been about enjoying the whole road … having friends and family here.”
The groom spoke very lovingly of his bride to Woman’s Day, saying, “What I love about Gemma is that she makes everyone feel special, no matter who’s in the room.”
And both Gemma and Richie paid tribute to their parents and the great influence they had on their lives, the former All Black captain saying, “ We look to our parents – they’ve been married 30 years plus. Both of us were lucky with our upbringings and they’ve created an amazing foundation.”
“Marriage is a start of a new chapter,” says former Black Stick Gemma, “and, the understanding that, for the rest of your life, someone will will always be there, no matter what.”
Sido Kitchin, Editor-in-Chief of Woman’s Day says, “Richie and Gemma’s wedding was breathtakingly lovely and I’m thrilled we can share the romantic event with our magazine readers.
“Richie and Gemma understood there was unprecedented interest in their wedding day, and made the considered decision to share their story because they value and appreciate the enormous support of Kiwi fans in their careers – and knew they’d enjoy being a part of their special celebration.
“I hope people enjoy this rare glimpse into the personal life of the extraordinary Richie McCaw, a Kiwi legend who has brought us so much national pride and joy in his career. I think we all love knowing this humble hero has found personal happiness with Gemma – and wish them both all the very best for the future.”
Woman’s Day is on-sale with the official coverage of Mr and Mrs McCaw’s big day in the North Island today, and South Island tomorrow (Tuesday).
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019