The New York Police Department has launched a criminal investigation into Harvey Weinstein.
While no formal criminal complaints have been filed against the disgraced film producer, police are investigating an allegation that he sexually assaulted someone in 2004. They’re also carrying out a “review” looking for new complaints against him.
“Based on information referenced in published news reports the NYPD is conducting a review to determine if there are any additional complaints relating to the Harvey Weinstein matter," Lt John Grimpel of the NYPD said in a statement.
He added: "No filed complaints have been identified as of this time and as always, the NYPD encourages anyone who may have information pertaining to this matter to call the CrimeStoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS.”
Speaking with the New York Post, an unnamed police official described the Hollywood heavyweight as a “super predator.”
“He’s a super predator,” the official said. “His conduct shows he’s been at this a long time, and he’s a professional at it.”
“He’s been at this so long, there’s no way there are not other victims out there,” they continued. “Imagine how many promises he’s made to these young women who were trying to make it into the industry.”
Weinstein has "unequivocally denied" any allegations of nonconsensual sex.
The investigation follows an explosive report by The New Yorker magazine, which published the accounts of three women who accused Weinstein of raping or otherwise sexually abusing them.
The piece, written by Ronan Farrow -- the son of Mia Farrow and Woody Allen, detailed a series of disturbing allegations including Weinstein performing unwanted oral sex, forcing oral sex to be performed on him, and forcing vaginal sex.
WATCH: Lindsay Lohan releases a bizarre video supporting Weinstein. Post continues...
The expose included an interview with Lucia Evans, a former aspiring actress, who said Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex on him in 2004.
"I said, over and over, 'I don't want to do this, stop, don't,'" she told the publication. "I tried to get away, but maybe I didn't try hard enough. I didn't want to kick him or fight him. He's a big guy. He overpowered me. I just sort of gave up.”
She added: “That’s the most horrible part of it, and that’s why he's been able to do this for so long to so many women: People give up, and then they feel like it's their fault."
The NYPD didn't say if Evans' account from 2004 is under investigation.
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayToday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveToday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveToday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayToday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveToday 7:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe intrepid Kiwi couple in their sixties who trekked 700km across Jordan
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FitnessFeeling sore after you workout? Try adding these 6 steps to your exercise routine
Good Health ChoicesJun 22, 2019
- CareerKanoa Lloyd on what compels her to speak up for others
NEXTJun 22, 2019
- FamilyClarke Gayford reveals Neve received a birthday present from Prince William!
Now To LoveJun 21, 2019