Miley Cyrus has responded to reports that her and husband Liam Hemsworth are expecting a baby with a timely joke.
After an unnamed source provided OK! Australia with the supposed details that Miley, 26, and Liam, 29, are expecting a baby girl, fans of the couple took to Instagram and Twitter, asking the two if the reports were, in fact, true.
Miley shut down the rumours once and for all, replying to a tweet posted by The Daily Mail with a well-timed egg joke – in reference to the ordinary egg photo that has surpassed Kylie Jenner's most-liked Instagram post.
"I'm not 'Egg-xpecting' but it's "Egg-celent" to hear everyone is so 'Happy For Us… we're happy too!" Miley tweeted.
"'Egg-cited' for this next chapter in our lives… Now , can everyone leave me alone and go back to staring at an egg."
Miley and Liam delighted fans when they tied the knot in an intimate wedding in December 2018, after they'd been dating on and off since they first met on set of The Last Song in 2009.
Miley also hopped on the Instagram #10yearchallenge bandwagon, posting an image of her and Liam, which would have been around the time their love would have begun to blossom.
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's tips for hosting the perfect Christmas dinner
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- FamilyGemma McCaw's Christmas joy: 'Words can't describe how grateful I am'
Woman's DayToday 8:10am
- CompetitionsWin a gum health prize pack with Oral B and Woman’s Day!
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- BodyWhat form of yoga is best for you? Here are six of the most popular
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerThe near-death experience that led Wicken jewellery creator Kim McKay to become a good witch
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyChristmas with the stars: How Miriama Kamo will be spending the holidays
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- BodyEating soluble fibre more could be a game-changer for those living with asthma
Good Health ChoicesDec 07, 2019
- BodyGemma McCaw's 5 rookie mistakes to avoid when working out
Woman's DayDec 07, 2019
- BodyEarly bird or night owl? What your sleep patterns say about you
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 07, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals Prince Louis has started talking
Now To LoveDec 06, 2019
- BodyHer sister's keeper: Brave battler Eva Mitchell's unbreakable sibling bond
Woman's DayDec 05, 2019
- MakeupHow to find a foundation that matches your skin perfectly
Now To LoveDec 05, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares her family’s secret for picking the best Christmas tree
Now To LoveDec 05, 2019