Miley Cyrus has responded to reports that her and husband Liam Hemsworth are expecting a baby with a timely joke.
After an unnamed source provided OK! Australia with the supposed details that Miley, 26, and Liam, 29, are expecting a baby girl, fans of the couple took to Instagram and Twitter, asking the two if the reports were, in fact, true.
Miley shut down the rumours once and for all, replying to a tweet posted by The Daily Mail with a well-timed egg joke – in reference to the ordinary egg photo that has surpassed Kylie Jenner's most-liked Instagram post.
"I'm not 'Egg-xpecting' but it's "Egg-celent" to hear everyone is so 'Happy For Us… we're happy too!" Miley tweeted.
"'Egg-cited' for this next chapter in our lives… Now , can everyone leave me alone and go back to staring at an egg."
Miley and Liam delighted fans when they tied the knot in an intimate wedding in December 2018, after they'd been dating on and off since they first met on set of The Last Song in 2009.
Miley also hopped on the Instagram #10yearchallenge bandwagon, posting an image of her and Liam, which would have been around the time their love would have begun to blossom.
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveYesterday 7:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe intrepid Kiwi couple in their sixties who trekked 700km across Jordan
The Australian Women's WeeklyJun 23, 2019
- FitnessFeeling sore after you workout? Try adding these 6 steps to your exercise routine
Good Health ChoicesJun 22, 2019
- CareerKanoa Lloyd on what compels her to speak up for others
NEXTJun 22, 2019