Miley Cyrus has responded to reports that her and husband Liam Hemsworth are expecting a baby with a timely joke.
After an unnamed source provided OK! Australia with the supposed details that Miley, 26, and Liam, 29, are expecting a baby girl, fans of the couple took to Instagram and Twitter, asking the two if the reports were, in fact, true.
Miley shut down the rumours once and for all, replying to a tweet posted by The Daily Mail with a well-timed egg joke – in reference to the ordinary egg photo that has surpassed Kylie Jenner's most-liked Instagram post.
"I'm not 'Egg-xpecting' but it's "Egg-celent" to hear everyone is so 'Happy For Us… we're happy too!" Miley tweeted.
"'Egg-cited' for this next chapter in our lives… Now , can everyone leave me alone and go back to staring at an egg."
Miley and Liam delighted fans when they tied the knot in an intimate wedding in December 2018, after they'd been dating on and off since they first met on set of The Last Song in 2009.
Miley also hopped on the Instagram #10yearchallenge bandwagon, posting an image of her and Liam, which would have been around the time their love would have begun to blossom.
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RelationshipsMatty McLean reveals what partner Ryan calls him… and it’s not what you'd think!
Now To LoveYesterday 1:26pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles met Greta Thunberg and revealed why he doesn't want to disappoint his grandchildren
Now To LoveYesterday 12:55pm
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:38am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine speaks out about the isolation she felt when Prince George was a baby
Now To LoveYesterday 9:18am
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020