Mila, 32, has spoken out about how she and Ashton are keeping their family life grounded and down-to-earth in a new interview on The Kyle and Jackie O Show.
“The one topic of conversation we had even prior to ever having kids was always, ‘How do you raise a child to not be an a--hole?’ ”
“It’s so important because we both came from pretty solid poverty backgrounds and grew up very poor and are very much self-made and are very aware of what a dollar is worth,” she added.
“Nothing’s been handed to us.”
The Ukraine-born beauty, who once spoke about having "ketchup soup for dinner”, will still give the best she can to her 22-month-old daughter Wyatt Isabelle and the little one on their way.
Showing off her trademark humour, she explained, “It’s a matter of teaching them from a very early age that, you know, ‘Mummy and Daddy may have a dollar, but you’re poor.’ ”
"‘You are very poor, you have nothing. Mummy and Daddy have a bank account.’ ”
Mila talks about juggling work and motherhood in the video below. Story continues.
The pregnant mama is in awe of her daughter, admitting, "Ours is still little and she’s still a good person but that’s something we definitely focus on.”
The actress, who is currently promoting her new movie Bad Mums, discovered through her role that it is about accepting all types of parenting.
“If you can’t find a character to relate to, then chances are you are one of them and are in denial,” she mused.
“I think the writers did a beautiful job of creating very specific characters that people can hopefully pinpoint and be like, ‘That’s me!’ It’s very honest.”
This story originally appeared on Woman's Day Australia
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019