Kourtney Kardashian has made the decision to overhaul her children’s diets, and remove gluten and dairy.
The TV personality reveals the new diet has improved her children’s quality of life.
“I kept battling with myself back and forth — like, why am I doing this diet? I have always felt fine before when eating dairy and gluten, but I do believe that we have one life to live and I would like to live it feeling my best,” said Kourtney.
“I have noticed a great positive change in behavior with my children when we stick to a gluten-free and dairy-free diet. I don’t think everyone needs to eat this way but we had muscle testing done, which showed we all have sensitivities to corn, gluten and dairy.”
Sneak a peek inside Kourtney's California home. Story continues below.
Kourtney admits that it has been an “adjustment” for her and her three children, Mason, 6, Penelope, 4, and Reign, 1.
Their new breakfast meals include avocado puddings, banana spinach milkshakes, gluten-free waffles and scrambled eggs.
Lunch options include carrots and celery with hummus,gluten-free rice tortillas, turkey meat, hot dogs and salads.
The mum of three reveals the hardest part is finding healthy snacks for her and her family.
“It’s obviously best to snack on fresh fruits and veggies, but this is not realistic all the time. We still need to have a little fun and indulge a little every day,” she admitted.
“I recently discovered that tons of regular candy is gluten- and dairy-free. But, what they do have in them—which is not good for our bodies or our brains—is food coloring and artificial dyes. I strongly believe in avoiding artificial dyes and food coloring for kids’ diets.”
Take a trip down memory lane, with Kourtney and Scott through the years
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveToday 11:28am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayToday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveToday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesToday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerThe modern nun: meet the enterprising Carmelite nuns of Melbourne who run their own beauty product business
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 23, 2019
- FamilyThe mindfulness coach changing Kiwi kids' lives by teaching them how to meditate
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 22, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan’s former co-star reveals what she’s really like in real life
Now To LoveMar 22, 2019