Jillian’s heartfelt proposal to girlfriend Heidi Rhoades was shown on the season finale of the fitness buff’s reality show Just Jillian.
In a clip from the March 8 episode, Jillian, 42, can be seen tearing up as she goes down on one knee before her girlfriend of over five years.
“I know I’m an a—hole all the time, but if you’ll continue to put up with me, I would like you to marry me,” she said, going on to describe Heidi as “the perfect person” for her.
The couple, who have two children together, have been dating since 2009 after meeting through mutual friends. The rock-solid duo have faced plenty of ups and downs during their time together, including the heartbreak of failed pregnancy attempts and the challenging adoption process – but through it all, their relationship only became stronger.
Jillian and Heidi were overjoyed to be able to adopt daughter Lukensia (now five years old) from Haiti, the same week Heidi gave birth to their son Phoenix in 2012. The couple’s growing family is something of a “safe haven” for Jillian, who dotes on her children.
“The only place where there’s a solace and a respite and a safe haven is with my family,” she revealed.
“And Heidi is the nucleus of that family. She is the glue that really holds everything together.”
Congratulations to the newly engaged couple!
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019