Guy Williams will be leaving The Guy, Sharyn and Clint afternoon radio show on The Edge at the end of 2016 – and his co-hosts have a novel plan for finding his replacement.
The comedian announced the news today, revealing that while the decision was tough, he plans to focus more on television and other new projects in the future.
“It’s really hard to be leaving a show I’ve worked on for nearly three years and two of my best friends. Lucky it will be some small boots to fill for whoever gets the role. I’m really looking forward to working less in the future and focusing on my indoor netball career,” he quipped in an official statement.
Meanwhile, co-hosts Clint Roberts and Sharyn Casey will be including their listeners in the process of finding a replacement for Guy.
“Clint said: "It's going to be hard to find another laugh as irritating as Guy's, but we're up for the challenge. This is a great opportunity for the show to find someone that doesn't just look like me with glasses."
Sharyn added: “We're really sad that Guy is leaving. We've come to love his adorable dad Gary and his hot brother Paul, I hope Clint and I get them in the divorce."
Ryan Rathbone, The Edge Content Director, said: "Guy is a loved member of The Edge family and we are excited for his next chapter and upcoming projects. We are equally excited for Sharyn and Clint's return with an all new show for 2017."
- TVElisabeth Easther on why "it's good to be bad" playing her Shorty character
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 21, 2022
- Celebrity NewsErin Simpson and Zac Franich's baby joy: 'We're finally having a baby!'
Now To LoveJan 20, 2022
- Real LifeRadio star Steve Broad reveals the tragedy that motivates him
Woman's DayJan 19, 2022
- RoyalsPrince William’s romantic surprise on Kate Middleton’s birthday
Now To LoveJan 17, 2022
- RoyalsThe Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages
Now To LoveJan 14, 2022