The Mail on Sunday reports that Guy’s lawyers sent Madonna a letter with their request, but the pop star has vowed not to pay a cent to the man who fought her bitterly over custody of Rocco.
“It’s a lawsuit Guy instigated and now wants Madonna to pay,” a source told the publication.
“Madonna says she gave him 50 million and an estate in Wiltshire when they divorced and she thinks that is quite enough. She can’t believe he is cheeky enough to ask her for the money.
“It is simply illogical to expect her to pay towards lawyers who want to have her son taken away from her,” the source added.
The former couple have been at war over their son Rocco’s living arrangements since December, when the 15-year-old abruptly left his mother’s Rebel Heart world tour to live with his film director father in London.
Since then Madonna’s efforts to have Rocco returned to her have been unsuccessful, including an application she made under the Hague Convention, which deals with the matter of child abduction.
In London’s High Court earlier this month, Justice Alistair MacDonald issued a stern warning to Guy and Madonna over their public custody battle, echoing similar comments made by a New York judge connected to the case.
“It would be my fervent hope that discussions between the parties can reach an amicable resolution,” he said, calling the legal battle “highly unfortunate and deeply regrettable” – especially for their young son.
The courtroom drama seems to have taken its toll on Madonna, who has been persevering with her world tour while the legal battle continues. Images of Rocco have appeared as the backdrop to the stage on several occasions throughout her shows, and her seemingly erratic behaviour on stage had fans wondering whether Madonna was performing drunk.
During the New Zealand leg of her tour, Madonna reportedly burst into tears, telling the crowd, “There is no love stronger than a mother for her son. If I talk about him too much I might cry.”
At her most recent show in Melbourne, the singer made an emotional appearance on stage, reportedly slamming Guy as a "son of a b---h" and pleading with the crowd: "Somebody take care of me please. Who is going to take care of me?"
- CompetitionsSign up to the Woman's Day newsletter and you could win a Saben Tilly bag
Woman's DayAug 11, 2022
- TVJenny-May's breakfast dream: 'I want to be the first woman to do this!'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyAug 11, 2022
- Real LifeLife after Gloriavale: 'Our nightmare is finally over!'
Woman's DayAug 11, 2022
- Celebrity NewsMichelle's emotional journey from Hollywood to home
Woman's DayAug 09, 2022
- TVJacqui's unbreakable spirit: 'sensitivity is my superpower'
Woman's DayAug 08, 2022
- Celebrity NewsRadio legend Lorna Subritzky's shock cancer diagnosis
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyAug 05, 2022