Pop singer Ed Sheeran has revealed he could be moving to New Zealand, after falling in love with the country while travelling here last year.
The 26-year-old star, who has sung fondly of his home town Framlingham, Suffolk, in latest single Castle on the Hill, says he enquired about citizenship while visiting New Zealand.
"I did ask for citizenship and I think we got an email from someone involved with that. So maybe that's going to happen. I could be a citizen," the singer told the Daily Star.
Ed added that living here would make him feel safer, as "no one is going to be bothered to come that far to invade."
"I've always said that if a world war breaks out, the one place I would go to is New Zealand because no-one is going to be bothered to come that far to invade. They'll be like, 'Ah, we'll leave them be.'"
At the end of 2015, Sheeran announced he would be taking a break from the music business, despite his success going from strength to strength.
He said: "My plan is to get rid of my iPhone, get rid of internet, get a Nokia 3310 and just go off into the wilderness somewhere for a bit.
"Even if it's just a month without contact with other people."
During Ed's year off, he travelled with his girlfriend Cherry Seaborn, who he originally met in his youth.
"I'm actually the happiest I've been and it's because I had a year to spend with someone. I've always started relationships then gone off on tour," Ed said of the relationship.
The couple live together and have pet cats.
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveToday 1:45pm
- Married at First SightMarried At First Sight's Bronson breaks his silence on THAT comment to Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 3:36pm
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveYesterday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveYesterday 11:19am
- Married at First SightThe truth about MAFS' Sam Ball's honeymoon vanishing act - his ex-girlfriend speaks out
Now To LoveYesterday 11:10am
- RoyalsWhy Prince William and Duchess Catherine will be taking a break from their royal duties this week
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveFeb 18, 2019