Pop singer Ed Sheeran has revealed he could be moving to New Zealand, after falling in love with the country while travelling here last year.
The 26-year-old star, who has sung fondly of his home town Framlingham, Suffolk, in latest single Castle on the Hill, says he enquired about citizenship while visiting New Zealand.
"I did ask for citizenship and I think we got an email from someone involved with that. So maybe that's going to happen. I could be a citizen," the singer told the Daily Star.
Ed added that living here would make him feel safer, as "no one is going to be bothered to come that far to invade."
"I've always said that if a world war breaks out, the one place I would go to is New Zealand because no-one is going to be bothered to come that far to invade. They'll be like, 'Ah, we'll leave them be.'"
At the end of 2015, Sheeran announced he would be taking a break from the music business, despite his success going from strength to strength.
He said: "My plan is to get rid of my iPhone, get rid of internet, get a Nokia 3310 and just go off into the wilderness somewhere for a bit.
"Even if it's just a month without contact with other people."
During Ed's year off, he travelled with his girlfriend Cherry Seaborn, who he originally met in his youth.
"I'm actually the happiest I've been and it's because I had a year to spend with someone. I've always started relationships then gone off on tour," Ed said of the relationship.
The couple live together and have pet cats.
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyApr 22, 2019
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesApr 22, 2019
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayApr 22, 2019