*Update: 05.10.16: After responding to some of the backlash over her Glamour* interview, Demi has now tweeted that she will be taking a break from the spotlight in 2017.
"I am not meant for this business and the media," she tweeted.
Earlier, she seemed to be defending her statements from the interview, tweeting: "I get asked questions. I answer them. Sue me."
We know at least one person who’s not a fan of Taylor Swift’s famed ‘girl squad’.
Demi Lovato got candid about the popstar’s photogenic entourage during a new interview with Glamour, criticising the ‘Blank Space’ singer for her choice in BFFs.
“To be honest, and this will probably get me in trouble, I don't see anybody in any sort of squad that has a normal body," she said, without naming Taylor specifically.
"It's kind of this false image of what people should look like. And what they should be like, and it's not real…. It's not realistic. “
This isn’t the first time Demi has spoken out against Taylor. Earlier this year, she hit headlines after saying Taylor shouldn’t “brand” herself a feminist if she didn’t “do the work” – something she still believes wholeheartedly in.
“I’m not afraid to talk about the fact that women get paid less than men in the United States and how unfair that is. Talking about it at all is doing the work. And I think every woman does her part in some way. But I think in certain situations, certain people could be doing more if they’re going to claim that as part of their brand,” she said.
Demi also lashed out at Taylor’s long-running feud with Katy Perry, which many believe provided the inspiration for her hit ‘Bad Blood’.
“I think that having a song and a video about tearing Katy Perry down, that's not women's empowerment. We all do things that aren't, but I have to ask myself, 'Am I content with calling myself a feminist?' Yes, because I speak out.”
Demi also reflected on her relationship with ex Wilmer Valderrama, who she split up with in June after six years together.
“I think it’s healthy to be able to start over with someone else. Being sick was always a part of my relationship with him; I always had something wrong with me. I needed to let go of that,” she revealed.
“It was hard to depart from somebody who saw everything, but it may be nice to start fresh with somebody.”
Watch Demi performing 'Cool For The Summer' at the Billboard Music Awards
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has positively affected her life and made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- CareerMean Mums' Anna Jullienne: What she's learned about raising boys, and other fun facts
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019