Demi Lovato is a passionate advocate of female empowerment and body confidence, and she always makes a point to share her journey of self-love with her fans on social media.
In her latest snap, the ‘Cool For The Summer’ singer took a break from a magazine photo shoot to pose in black lingerie for a bathroom selfie, going completely Photoshop-free to illustrate how comfortable she felt in her own skin.
“Behind the scenes (and bathroom door) of my Allure cover shoot,” she wrote.
“Posting a #nophotoshop pic because I’m proud to show my body the way it naturally is… (And there was great lighting…)”
Of course, this isn’t the first time Demi has stripped down to show off her “real” self. The singer and former Disney Channel star took part in a spontaneous nude photo shoot for Vanity Fair last year which was also released without any retouching – a rare move for most stars in the public eye.
“What does it mean to be confident? It means letting go, being authentic, saying I don’t give a f*k and this is who I am,” she told Vanity Fair*.
“I want to show the side of me that’s real, that’s liberated, that’s free.”
While she's all about being confident in yourself today, the former X Factor judge also admits she wasn't always so sure of herself. In her interview with Allure, Demi said she felt pressured to fix a distinctive part of her appearance after getting her first big break on musical film Camp Rock.
"I signed with Disney Channel when I got Camp Rock, and I had a gap between my two front teeth," she said.
"They were like, 'Would you be willing to fix it?' I wish today that I hadn't, because my gap was really cute."
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019