We’ve had a soft spot for Chrissy Teigen for a long time. Not only is she drop-dead gorgeous, she also seems wonderfully self-deprecating, honest, and open, if her public persona is anything to go by.
In 2015, Chrissy spoke openly about how her and husband John Legend were going through IVF in order conceive, admitting that they had hoped things would happen naturally.
On an episode of FABLife she told hosts: “I will say, honestly, John and I are having trouble. We would have kids five, six years ago if it’d happened. But my gosh, it’s been a process.”
She added that anytime she was asked the question about babies, she thought of all the women out there who are struggling to get pregnant – just like she did – and how hurt they’d be by the comment.
And while Teigen was moved by the positive reaction she got to her admission back in 2015, she’s now had to defend herself and her decisions once more.
Speaking with Entertainment Tonight at the SAG awards this week, Chrissy said “a little boy is next for sure,” after being asked about family plans.
Confused viewers took to Twitter to ask the model why she was so sure it would be a boy.
Never one to back away from putting someone straight, Chrissy wrote:
“Since this is coming up again, I said our next baby would be a boy because that is the embryo we have left. A boy. So. Yeah.
“And no, I am not pregnant.”
The 31-year-old also had to defend herself against one particular user, who questioned whether Chrissy had “give[n] it a minute to try naturally or are you avoiding ‘the act?’”
“Hi Linda, thanks for asking, you complete witch. I tried for about 9 years. Anything else, let me know,” Chrissy hit back.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019