Have you ever had a surprise meeting pop up on the day a huge pimple has decided to make your nose its home?
Or had your make-up slide off by midday and then received a last minute drink and dinner invitation?
Life is full of spontaneous events that we may feel require a beauty product or two for a bit of added confidence.
To avoid feeling ill-equipped for the situation, aim to carry around a little kit of essential items you may need throughout the day.
Here are seven beauty products to keep in your handbag at all times:
This one is important. Have concealer on hand to hide dark circles, imperfections, redness and even out discolouration. Look for a concealer with a doe foot applicator so that you can easily apply product on-the-go.
We use our hands all day so it's important to show them some love and make a habit of regularly applying hand cream. Keep a hand cream in your hand bag and apply it after washing your hands throughout the day.
TINTED LIP BALM
Save yourself from dry, flaky lips by carrying a nourishing lip balm with you. Look for one with moisture-rich ingredients like shea butter and vitamin E to condition and leave your lips feeling soft and plump. A tinted lip balm will give you a hint of colour which saves you the need to carry another lip product.
You know that moment when you look down and notice that your nails are untidy and rigid? Avoid this and keep your nails looking smooth and polished by keeping a nail file in your handbag.
Just in case you accidentally rub your face or your make-up sweats off during the day, it's likely that you'll be reapplying your make-up at some point. Always carry your eyebrow pencil with you so your brows stay put all day.
You never know when you might need a make-up mirror. Whether you need to apply your make-up on the train or check your t-zone before you head to dinner, keeping a mirror with you is a very good idea.
Instead of carrying your foundation with you, keep a tube of CC cream in your bag instead. It still offers coverage but will also give your skin a boost of hydration too. CC Cream can also double as a light concealer and is great for covering redness.
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveToday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveYesterday 4:20pm
- BodyThe developments in cancer research that are giving the experts hope
- Married at First SightMAFS' expert Mel Schilling admits drama comes into play in the matchmaking process
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- RoyalsThe Queen and Prince Charles release emotional statements following the fire of Notre-Dame Cathedral
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019
- RoyalsIs Duchess Meghan writing her own Instagram posts? These royal commentators think so
Now To LoveApr 16, 2019