Have you ever had a surprise meeting pop up on the day a huge pimple has decided to make your nose its home?
Or had your make-up slide off by midday and then received a last minute drink and dinner invitation?
Life is full of spontaneous events that we may feel require a beauty product or two for a bit of added confidence.
To avoid feeling ill-equipped for the situation, aim to carry around a little kit of essential items you may need throughout the day.
Here are seven beauty products to keep in your handbag at all times:
This one is important. Have concealer on hand to hide dark circles, imperfections, redness and even out discolouration. Look for a concealer with a doe foot applicator so that you can easily apply product on-the-go.
We use our hands all day so it's important to show them some love and make a habit of regularly applying hand cream. Keep a hand cream in your hand bag and apply it after washing your hands throughout the day.
TINTED LIP BALM
Save yourself from dry, flaky lips by carrying a nourishing lip balm with you. Look for one with moisture-rich ingredients like shea butter and vitamin E to condition and leave your lips feeling soft and plump. A tinted lip balm will give you a hint of colour which saves you the need to carry another lip product.
You know that moment when you look down and notice that your nails are untidy and rigid? Avoid this and keep your nails looking smooth and polished by keeping a nail file in your handbag.
Just in case you accidentally rub your face or your make-up sweats off during the day, it's likely that you'll be reapplying your make-up at some point. Always carry your eyebrow pencil with you so your brows stay put all day.
You never know when you might need a make-up mirror. Whether you need to apply your make-up on the train or check your t-zone before you head to dinner, keeping a mirror with you is a very good idea.
Instead of carrying your foundation with you, keep a tube of CC cream in your bag instead. It still offers coverage but will also give your skin a boost of hydration too. CC Cream can also double as a light concealer and is great for covering redness.
- TVChelsea Winter's former husband Michael Bullot up about kids and marriage
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- FamilyArt and Matilda Green open up about becoming parents and why they're keeping it real on social media
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- MindDo you have FOBO? Why the fear of better options could be fuel for anxiety
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyA mum's worst nightmare: 'I saw my son floating lifeless'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- RelationshipsHow I broke free from my emotionally abusive relationship
- MindDiane Keaton opens up about her heartache over her brother's mental health struggles in new book
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 21, 2020
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's birthday message to Prince Andrew has been met with controversy
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2020
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have confirmed more details about their future
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2020
- Real LifeThe 2011 Christchurch earthquake struck the day after my birthday and changed my life forever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 20, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a brilliant Banana Boat prize pack worth $100!
Good Health ChoicesFeb 20, 2020