From BB creams to double cleansing, the majority of popular beauty trends start in Korea. Case in point: our obsession with sheet masks.
Offering a speedy hit of hydration (and an excellent opportunity for Instagram content), the sheet mask has become one of the most successful Korean export in recent years.
Normally reserved for moisturising and brightening your complexion, there's now even sheet mask formulations for hands and feet too.
Just when we thought we'd seen it all, one brand has gone a step further with a sheet mask designed for pregnant women to use on their growing bump.
Hatch Mama's Belly Mask is an 'all-natural hydrating sheet mask' designed to 'minimise stretch marks during pregnancy and help soften inflamed scar tissue postpartum.'
Marketed as a 'Belly Facial', the product contains aloe vera to soothe and reduce inflammation and propolis to help rebuild damaged skin cells and fade scars.
While these claims seem a little far fetched (stretch marks are notoriously difficult to rid with creams alone), the concept itself is also problematic.
Do women really need another thing to worry about while growing a human? We think not.
Via our sister site Grazia.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019