From BB creams to double cleansing, the majority of popular beauty trends start in Korea. Case in point: our obsession with sheet masks.
Offering a speedy hit of hydration (and an excellent opportunity for Instagram content), the sheet mask has become one of the most successful Korean export in recent years.
Normally reserved for moisturising and brightening your complexion, there's now even sheet mask formulations for hands and feet too.
Just when we thought we'd seen it all, one brand has gone a step further with a sheet mask designed for pregnant women to use on their growing bump.
Hatch Mama's Belly Mask is an 'all-natural hydrating sheet mask' designed to 'minimise stretch marks during pregnancy and help soften inflamed scar tissue postpartum.'
Marketed as a 'Belly Facial', the product contains aloe vera to soothe and reduce inflammation and propolis to help rebuild damaged skin cells and fade scars.
While these claims seem a little far fetched (stretch marks are notoriously difficult to rid with creams alone), the concept itself is also problematic.
Do women really need another thing to worry about while growing a human? We think not.
Via our sister site Grazia.
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019