You often hear of travel disaster stories: delayed planes, less-than-edible in-flight meals and just all-around bad service. However, today we're acknowledging and celebrating the airlines that have stood out above the rest for being well-priced and offering exceptional service.
The TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards winners have been announced, revealing the world's top airlines for 2018 according to customer reviews - and our very own Air New Zealand has done extremely well - coming in at second place in the world - only pipped at the post by Singapore Airlines.
One reviewer said of Air New Zealand, "Excellent service still exists in flying" while another declared, "Other carriers could take a lesson in customer service excellence as was experienced with Air New Zealand."
Air New Zealand also took out the top award in the South Pacific and Oceania category - ahead of our Aussie counterparts Qantas and Virgin Australia. And Air New Zealand came first for Best Premium Economy in the world class of service category.
Ranked by the number of positive reviews each airline receives over the year, the airlines are broken down into four categories: world, regions, countries and class of service.
Singapore Airlines was rated number one in the world, with one review calling them "Simply the Best!"
"Best crew, best in-flight meals, best entertainment, best customer service, always courteous and helpful, nothing is too much trouble and reasonable fares. I only fly Singapore Airlines, I tried the rest, I stay with the best! Other airlines, please take notice."
It looks like it might be time to book that next holiday!
See all the results from the TripAdvisor travel awards here.
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am