This week's episode of Married At First Sight saw the brides go to their grooms’ hometowns to get a glimpse of their world.
Cheryl and Andrew re-entered the competition last week after both of their original matches didn’t work out.
The new couple's home visit started well, but things became awkward when the 38-year-old firefighter had to explain to his friends and family that Cheryl was not in fact the girl he married in front of only a few weeks ago.
His mum and sister were understandably shocked, but nonetheless welcomed Cheryl into their home.
“I'm surprised, but pleasantly surprised,” Andrew’s mum said. "I think Cheryl's a great match for Andrew," she continued.
Andrew later revealed that he wanted to have his first kiss with Cheryl, so he set up a romantic picnic on the beach.
He then whipped out a guitar, and sang a song he wrote for her while she was in the shower, but she didn’t look impressed. After he serenaded her, she told him the song was “really cute".
Andrew tried to seal the deal with a smooch and while Cheryl went with it initially, she then pulled away, and told him straight out: “I don't want to kiss you”.
Andrew was clearly upset, and told the camera it was “frustrating” and "f-----" that Cheryl wasn’t affectionate, while she told producers that the kiss was “too much” for her and that she wanted to move slowly after what happened with her and Jonathan.
But in an unexpected plot twist, Andrew has spoken out about his apparent rejection and claims he was stitched up by the show's producers and what we actually saw was just clever editing.
Phony footage? On a reality show? Never!
“It’s a TV show guys. I don’t usually read this stuff but… that was our third take. We were mucking around at that stage," he wrote on the Married At First Sight Facebook page.
“Her comment re the kiss was taken from her wedding with Jonathon. See if her lips move when she says it. Reality shows 101," he added.
The unlucky-in-love larrikin also claims his heartfelt ditty wasn't even his idea. Oh the reality TV betrayal!
In response to fans teasing him over his singing, Andrew revealed: "You're spot on with the song though. Not my idea again."
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am