Dame Valerie Adams has given birth to a baby girl.
The Olympian confirmed the exciting news this morning with an adorable photo posted on her social media accounts. "Welcome to the world, Kimoana Josephine Adams-Price," she wrote.
This is Valerie and partner Gabriel Price's first child together. The couple got hitched in a fairytale ceremony at Hamilton's Temple View last year, in front of a close circle of family and friends.
The popular track and field star lost her mother at 15, and is one of 18 siblings, including her brother, NBA basketball powerhouse Steven Adams.
Her first born child is named after her mum, Lilika Kimoana Ngauamo, who passed away in 2000 aged 39.
The pro athlete is still planning to compete at next year's Commonwealth Games in Australia, and has been sharing plenty of videos and photos from her regular training sessions to Instagram.
Speaking to Fairfax earlier this year after sharing her pregnancy news, Valerie opened up about how her mindset had changed now that she was expecting her first child.
"When you're an athlete you tend to control everything where now this little human inside of you is controlling you," she said.
"So that took a little bit of getting used to but right now I'm feeling really good. I'm actually smashing training as much as I can which has been quite fun."
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveToday 11:28am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayToday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveToday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesToday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerThe modern nun: meet the enterprising Carmelite nuns of Melbourne who run their own beauty product business
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 23, 2019
- FamilyThe mindfulness coach changing Kiwi kids' lives by teaching them how to meditate
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 22, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan’s former co-star reveals what she’s really like in real life
Now To LoveMar 22, 2019