Dame Valerie Adams has given birth to a baby girl.
The Olympian confirmed the exciting news this morning with an adorable photo posted on her social media accounts. "Welcome to the world, Kimoana Josephine Adams-Price," she wrote.
This is Valerie and partner Gabriel Price's first child together. The couple got hitched in a fairytale ceremony at Hamilton's Temple View last year, in front of a close circle of family and friends.
The popular track and field star lost her mother at 15, and is one of 18 siblings, including her brother, NBA basketball powerhouse Steven Adams.
Her first born child is named after her mum, Lilika Kimoana Ngauamo, who passed away in 2000 aged 39.
The pro athlete is still planning to compete at next year's Commonwealth Games in Australia, and has been sharing plenty of videos and photos from her regular training sessions to Instagram.
Speaking to Fairfax earlier this year after sharing her pregnancy news, Valerie opened up about how her mindset had changed now that she was expecting her first child.
"When you're an athlete you tend to control everything where now this little human inside of you is controlling you," she said.
"So that took a little bit of getting used to but right now I'm feeling really good. I'm actually smashing training as much as I can which has been quite fun."
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019