Dame Valerie Adams has given birth to a baby girl.
The Olympian confirmed the exciting news this morning with an adorable photo posted on her social media accounts. "Welcome to the world, Kimoana Josephine Adams-Price," she wrote.
This is Valerie and partner Gabriel Price's first child together. The couple got hitched in a fairytale ceremony at Hamilton's Temple View last year, in front of a close circle of family and friends.
The popular track and field star lost her mother at 15, and is one of 18 siblings, including her brother, NBA basketball powerhouse Steven Adams.
Her first born child is named after her mum, Lilika Kimoana Ngauamo, who passed away in 2000 aged 39.
The pro athlete is still planning to compete at next year's Commonwealth Games in Australia, and has been sharing plenty of videos and photos from her regular training sessions to Instagram.
Speaking to Fairfax earlier this year after sharing her pregnancy news, Valerie opened up about how her mindset had changed now that she was expecting her first child.
"When you're an athlete you tend to control everything where now this little human inside of you is controlling you," she said.
"So that took a little bit of getting used to but right now I'm feeling really good. I'm actually smashing training as much as I can which has been quite fun."
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021