Toni Street has revealed her desire to be a mother again, despite the devastating impact it may have on her health.
“I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want another baby, which complicates things slightly,” the Seven Sharp host says in an exclusive interview with NEXT.
“I’d be pregnant right now if I could.”
The 33-year-old has only recently gone into remission from the life-threatening autoimmune disease Churg-Strauss syndrome.
When she went public with her diagnosis two years ago, she was open about the impact her treatment - at one point her doctors were considering a course of chemotherapy - was having on her.
While the birth of her two daughters, Mackenzie and Juliette, didn’t the cause the disease – her symptoms have been traced back to before she was married, when she suddenly developed both eczema and asthma – it was pregnancy that fast-tracked both the disease, and the diagnosis.
“This is absolutely the hardest decision we’ve ever had to make,” Toni says.
In the candid 8-page story, Toni reveals the risks her and husband Matt France have to weigh up, the role of surrogacy, the impact on her family, and what it could mean going forward as she juggles her roles on breakfast radio show on The Hits and Seven Sharp.
To read the full story, see the August issue of NEXT.
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesToday 2:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerJennifer Ward Lealand on being honoured for her commitment to her two great loves, theatre and te reo
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- BodyBiggest Loser's Jillian Michaels’ top 15 health habits are remarkably simple to adopt too
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- TVDWTS' Laura Daniel spills on her relationship with partner Joseph Moore and their plans to adopt
Woman's DayYesterday 9:21am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares an adorable new photo of Baby Archie in celebration of Father’s Day
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesJun 16, 2019
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayJun 16, 2019