At this time of year, the sound of summer test cricket on the telly is a constant in Kiwi homes – and the house of Martin Guptill and Laura McGoldrick is no exception. But this year there are new noises vying for the attention of the cricket mad Auckland couple – the quiet coos and cries of a little baby girl.
Wee Harley Louise Guptill - the firstborn child of Black Cap batting legend Martin and his cricket broadcaster wife Laura - was welcomed into the world on October 4th this year, and this week exclusive photos of the darling tot appear in Woman's Day.
Besotted mum Laura, 28, declares, "It's a love like you've never known," and she loves Harley "with every fibre of my being".
And proud dad Martin, 31, agrees. "I just looked at this little bundle of joy and thought, 'Whoa, you're actually mine.'"
Martin is also full of praise for Laura, who had to parent Harley solo when a week after her birth, her husband had to leave to play cricket in India for almost a month.
"I knew from the get-go Laura would be amazing, and she is," he says.
Martin regrettably suffered a hamstring injury shortly after his return to New Zealand, and although he says there is "never a good time for an injury" when you're a sportsman, having some extra time with his darling daughter was a "silver lining".
For the full story of Martin and Laura's baby news and gorgeous photos of Harley, see this week's Woman's Day.
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am