Dancing With The Stars NZ judge Rachel White has announced she is pregnant with her first child.
The international ballroom dancing champion, who was on the judging panel alongside Camilla Sacre-Dallerup and Julian "Julz" Tocker for the 2018 and 2019 seasons of DWTS in New Zealand, shared her happy news on social media.
She posted an image of a baby's t-shirt on Instagram that features the words, 'Guess what?', then captioned the image: #kiwibabycomingsoon
Rachel married her Kiwi husband Stuart White in 2016 and the couple has made no secret of the fact they've wanted to start a family.
In June 2018 Rachel confessed to Woman's Day that starting a family was on the cards.
When pressed for when they'd begin trying, she blushed and revealed, "Actually, we started a couple of nights ago. We're ready to go!"
Rachel shared that if they were lucky enough to conceive, they might move back to Aotearoa permanently.
Whangerei-born Stu, who moved to the US in 2007, added, "I was stoked that Rachel was so vocal about how much she loved New Zealand from the start because it was always in the back of my mind that I might want to come back. This is an exceptional place to raise a family."
Rachel said, "Ideally, I'd live both here and in LA, but just the other week, I was teaching a bunch of kids in Auckland and their manners were just exceptional. I could see how well they were being brought up here and it was really special. I was sold."
The couple first met at a salsa lesson that Rachel was teaching in Los Angeles in 2011.
Rachel told Woman's Day it was "love and lust at first sight".
"I vowed I'd never in my life date a client, but I had full-on fireworks and couldn't stop thinking about him. My dream guy, this Ken doll, had just walked through the door, with a gorgeous accent to boot. I knew I had to have this person in my life."
She wasn't at all fazed that Stuart came all the way from New Zealand.
"Ever since I was a kid, I've had a crazy connection to this part of the world. Before I even met Stu, I just knew I would end up with someone from Down Under."
Not only is Wellington-born fellow Dancing judge Julz Tocker one of Rachel's best friends, her longtime dance partner was also a Kiwi, which led to her winning several titles in Aotearoa before she landed a stint as Josh Kronfeld's partner on the series in 2009.
Stu proposed to Rachel at their LA home in 2015 and they married in Hawaii the following year.
- RoyalsThe internet thinks The Sussexes just made a subtle dig at Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie
Now To LoveToday 12:50pm
- BodyWhy acupuncture could be the pathway to a healthier body and menstrual cycle
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:40am
- TVChelsea Winter's former husband Michael Bullot opens up about kids and marriage
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- FamilyArt and Matilda Green open up about becoming parents and why they're keeping it real on social media
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- MindDo you have FOBO? Why the fear of better options could be fuel for anxiety
Good Health ChoicesFeb 22, 2020
- FamilyA mum's worst nightmare: 'I saw my son floating lifeless'
Woman's DayFeb 22, 2020
- MindDiane Keaton opens up about her heartache over her brother's mental health struggles in new book
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 21, 2020
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's birthday message to Prince Andrew has been met with controversy
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2020