Celebrity chef Chelsea Winter is pregnant! She announced the news on social media with the sweetest baking pun-filled message ever:
"Get ready for my sweetest creation yet...because there's currently a little Chelsea Bun baking away in the oven! Yep, Douglas and I are absolutely chuffed to announce we're expecting the arrival of a delicious bundle later this year. We're just so grateful, and über excited for what the future holds (lots of puréeing, probably)."
Her pregnancy news marks a very happy start to 2019, after a tumultuous year in 2018. It was in 2018 that Chelsea announced her split with her husband, businessman and yachtie Mark Bullot, after five years together.
The couple sold their Pt Chevalier, Auckland home and Chelsea moved to Mount Maunganui to make a fresh start.
Chelsea shared with NEXT magazine that in "almost divine synchronicity" the house sold in just four days and she found a new place almost the same day she started looking.
"It's about being brave," she said. "If you're thinking of making a big change; whether it be that you're not happy with your job or you're not happy where you're living. It's scary, because we've kind of got it ingrained that we need to make things work, but actually, if it's not working, then it's not working. You can actually change your life and it will be okay. You are an artist and your life should be your masterpiece."
Chelsea's new partner Douglas Renall is an author and wine maker who has been involved with the wine industry in New Zealand and France for many years.
Last month she posted a picture of the pair of them on holiday at Great Barrier Island - feeling "salty, sunkissed and serene".
Her fans were quick to point out that she and Douglas made a perfect match:
"Hmmm Douglas is a wine maker 😍 food and wine make a good match 😉"
The perfect pairing!
- FamilyReal Housewives of Auckland's Anne Batley-Burton on the sad secret to her business success
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- MindJo Seagar on the importance of talking about death
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- FamilyThese inspiring people are our individual 'Grandparent of the year' winners
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 4:00pm
- RoyalsAnother royal wedding: All the details from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s gorgeous nuptials
Now To LoveToday 1:20pm
- TVNadia Lim admits Dancing With The Stars is 'the biggest challenge I've ever taken on'
Woman's DayToday 1:00pm
- PetsMeet NZ's most lovable rescue pet: Tinkerbelle 'the wobble dog'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 7:45am
- CareerAlexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the band of women shaking up America
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- RoyalsHappy 1st wedding anniversary Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan! A timeline of their beautiful love story
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyDancing with the Stars judge Rachel White on why NZ has a special place in her heart
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyDear Thomasin and Davida: Miranda Harcourt's open letter to her daughters
The Australian Women's WeeklyMay 18, 2019
- MindThree women share their inspiring journeys towards empowerment, self-healing and learning to forgive
Good Health ChoicesMay 18, 2019
- FertilityAfter $70,000 spent on IVF Sharee Welch can finally hold her miracle twins
Woman's DayMay 18, 2019