This year, Father's Day has special significance for rugby legend Benji Marshall, who's thrilled to announce he and wife Zoe are expecting their first baby.
Sharing their exciting news exclusively with Woman's Day, the happy couple say becoming parents at long last is a dream come true.
"I've always believed that I was put on this earth to have a family," says Brisbane Bronco Benji, 32. "I've wanted to be a dad forever."
The couple's miracle pregnancy puts an end to their long battle with fertility, and now The Marshalls can focus on being the best parents to their precious little bundle, who is due in February next year.
Speaking of her hubby, wellness blogger Zoe – who recently launched her own fashion label, Ruled by None – says Benji will be the greatest father. "He'll be really hands-on. We feel pretty lucky. This whole journey has put things into perspective."
The mum-to-be cried tears of joy when she discovered she was expecting on her 33rd birthday, but happiness soon gave way to the crippling morning sickness she experienced in her first trimester.
Birth plans, nursery planning and, of course, names are still all up in the air, but one things for certain, the couple will shower their long-hoped for baby with endless love.
Read the full story only in this week's Woman's Day.
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have revealed the name of their son
Now To LoveFeb 21, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Harry and Duchess Meghan are having another baby!
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie & husband Jack Brooksbank have welcomed their first child
Now To LoveFeb 10, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Paul Patterson: 'I'm cooking up romance'
Woman's DayFeb 03, 2021
- MindBeating the bottle: My party girl life was killing me
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 25, 2021
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020