Congratulations to Anika Moa and wife Natasha Utting who have become the proud parents of a baby girl. Anika gave birth to Marigold Tui Grace Utting-Moa on Monday February 18, which also happened to be the couple's wedding anniversary - making the day even more special.
The happy news was announced on Instagram with the words "our light and our star is here".
Marigold is Anika and Natasha's first child together and she came early. She was due on March 8.
Marigold will join the couple's three sons, Soren, four, and seven-year-old twins Taane and Barry.
"When I conceived, I just knew this baby was going to be a girl," said the 39-year-old musician and TV presenter. "And for the whole pregnancy, I've been really in tune with her."
Anika and Natasha, 43, were so sure of it they went shopping for baby girls' clothing before the gender was even confirmed.
Natasha, a journalist and producer, told Woman's Day that a little girl was "much wanted by everyone" because she came from a family of many boys - 13 in her generation.
Knowing that the first child she's ever carried would be a girl was important for Anika too.
"I made this baby in my body and the fact that it's a girl is so lovely," she said.
Anika has wanted to carry a baby for a long time, but life and circumstances got in the way.
"When I married my first wife, she was older than me so she got dibs on being the one to have the twins. Then when I met Natasha, she was already four months pregnant!"
It took her longer than she had expected to conceive.
"I tried with my first donor for about a year and half, and nothing happened. I just couldn't get pregnant, so finally I decided to try another way," explains Anika.
Natasha suggested using her donor, who is Soren's father, and he said yes straight away.
"He got me pregnant first pop with a $10 syringe."
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveToday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayToday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilySamantha Hayes shares her heartache after visiting a refugee camp in Jordan
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerJulie Anne Genter on bicycles, babies and what's going to make a better world
The Australian Women's WeeklyJun 15, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Mick Gould has posed naked in the name of rural mental health
Now To LoveJun 14, 2019