Congratulations to Anika Moa and wife Natasha Utting who have become the proud parents of a baby girl. Anika gave birth to Marigold Tui Grace Utting-Moa on Monday February 18, which also happened to be the couple's wedding anniversary - making the day even more special.
The happy news was announced on Instagram with the words "our light and our star is here".
Marigold is Anika and Natasha's first child together and she came early. She was due on March 8.
Marigold will join the couple's three sons, Soren, four, and seven-year-old twins Taane and Barry.
"When I conceived, I just knew this baby was going to be a girl," said the 39-year-old musician and TV presenter. "And for the whole pregnancy, I've been really in tune with her."
Anika and Natasha, 43, were so sure of it they went shopping for baby girls' clothing before the gender was even confirmed.
Natasha, a journalist and producer, told Woman's Day that a little girl was "much wanted by everyone" because she came from a family of many boys - 13 in her generation.
Knowing that the first child she's ever carried would be a girl was important for Anika too.
"I made this baby in my body and the fact that it's a girl is so lovely," she said.
Anika has wanted to carry a baby for a long time, but life and circumstances got in the way.
"When I married my first wife, she was older than me so she got dibs on being the one to have the twins. Then when I met Natasha, she was already four months pregnant!"
It took her longer than she had expected to conceive.
"I tried with my first donor for about a year and half, and nothing happened. I just couldn't get pregnant, so finally I decided to try another way," explains Anika.
Natasha suggested using her donor, who is Soren's father, and he said yes straight away.
"He got me pregnant first pop with a $10 syringe."
- RoyalsKiwi royal Gary Lewis has split from Lady Davina Windsor
Now To LoveToday 8:45am
- Pregnancy & BirthShortland Street star Laurel Devenie's perfectly-timed pregnancy
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Melissa is on the hunt for a Kiwi bachelor
Woman's DayToday 8:20am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveYesterday 11:28am
- FamilyKatie Holmes and her daughter Suri bond with women and children at a refugee camp in Greece
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayYesterday 10:30am
- BodyMeet Caleb Wright - the 12-year-old brain cancer sufferer bringing laughter to other sick kids
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveYesterday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesMar 24, 2019