TV chef Pete Evans has revealed that his daughters have been in therapy since they were babies.
The therapy is known as [Neuro-Emotional Technique (NET). It's a mind-body technique that combines science and Eastern healing practices to "find and remove neurological imbalances related to the physiology of unresolved stress".
According to netmindbody.com, practising NET can address physical and behavioral stress-related conditions such as headaches, body pains, phobias, general anxiety and more.
Speaking in an interview on the News.com.au podcast Balls Deep the My Kitchen Rules judge revealed his daughters have been practicing NET since around 12 months old.
The celebrity chef and his wife, Nicola Robinson, have always talked openly about their stance around health, wellness and spirituality. Earlier this year they went on a honeymoon that kicked off with a brain training programme to expand their minds.
Pete explained that as part of his holistic "journey", he has been practicing Neuro-Emotional Technique (NET) for the past 20 years, and it seems he likes the whole family to be involved including daughters Chilli, 13, and Indii, 10.
"It's something I do with the kids from time to time ever since they were basically one-year-old," he said during the podcast.
Pete claimed he has never pursued traditional Western methods of therapy with psychologists or psychiatrists, for example, as he claims they "miss the mark" in treating the mind.
"Most forms of modern therapy like psychiatrists and psychologists sort of miss the mark on understanding how to deal with a human being," he said.
Pete began NET sessions with his daughter Chilli from a young age because Chilli was born with a tumour and spent time in hospital for treatment. Pete claims the therapy helped her as it enabled her to "get in a state of healing".
Pete has continued the NET sessions with both his daughters.
"I've seen the results these people have so why would I not want to include my children?"
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am