After welcoming his third child and then this week being named leader of the National Party, it's safe to say it's been a massive few months for Simon Bridges.
And this week, the long-serving politician introduces Woman's Day to his beautiful whanau, including gorgeous newborn daughter Jemima, in an exclusive at-home shoot at the family's home in Tauranga.
In an intimate chat, Simon also reveals how he'd known his British-born wife Natalie, who he met while studying at the University of Oxford, for less than 12 months when they tied the knot in 2005.
In fact, their romance was such a whirlwind, they struggled to find a minister who'd agree to perform the marriage. Natalie tells Woman's Day, "We went to a number of vicars to do it, but they fobbed us off."
Simon, whose father was a Baptist minister, adds, "No-one thought it would work. Most people thought it was ridiculous. Even my parents didn't like the idea."
Undeterred, the pair wed anyway and relocated to New Zealand a week after their final exams.
For their full love story, Simon's sweet family sacrifice and all the gorgeous pictures, see the latest issue of Woman's Day.
- FamilyReal Housewives of Auckland's Anne Batley-Burton on the sad secret to her business success
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- MindJo Seagar on the importance of talking about death
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- FamilyThese inspiring people are our individual 'Grandparent of the year' winners
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 4:00pm
- RoyalsAnother royal wedding: All the details from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s gorgeous nuptials
Now To LoveToday 1:20pm
- TVNadia Lim admits Dancing With The Stars is 'the biggest challenge I've ever taken on'
Woman's DayToday 1:00pm
- PetsMeet NZ's most lovable rescue pet: Tinkerbelle 'the wobble dog'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 7:45am
- CareerAlexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the band of women shaking up America
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- RoyalsHappy 1st wedding anniversary Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan! A timeline of their beautiful love story
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyDancing with the Stars judge Rachel White on why NZ has a special place in her heart
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyDear Thomasin and Davida: Miranda Harcourt's open letter to her daughters
The Australian Women's WeeklyMay 18, 2019
- MindThree women share their inspiring journeys towards empowerment, self-healing and learning to forgive
Good Health ChoicesMay 18, 2019