After welcoming his third child and then this week being named leader of the National Party, it's safe to say it's been a massive few months for Simon Bridges.
And this week, the long-serving politician introduces Woman's Day to his beautiful whanau, including gorgeous newborn daughter Jemima, in an exclusive at-home shoot at the family's home in Tauranga.
In an intimate chat, Simon also reveals how he'd known his British-born wife Natalie, who he met while studying at the University of Oxford, for less than 12 months when they tied the knot in 2005.
In fact, their romance was such a whirlwind, they struggled to find a minister who'd agree to perform the marriage. Natalie tells Woman's Day, "We went to a number of vicars to do it, but they fobbed us off."
Simon, whose father was a Baptist minister, adds, "No-one thought it would work. Most people thought it was ridiculous. Even my parents didn't like the idea."
Undeterred, the pair wed anyway and relocated to New Zealand a week after their final exams.
For their full love story, Simon's sweet family sacrifice and all the gorgeous pictures, see the latest issue of Woman's Day.
- FamilyJacinda Ardern reveals who Neve gets her 'strong will' from
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVMy Kitchen Rules' Piper breaks her silence on her relationship with Victor
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesJul 20, 2019
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS' Tamara Joy has hooked up with the brother of a fellow MAFS bride
Now To LoveJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019