Mike McRoberts had better watch out because there's a new kid on the block and his name is Marlow Blaauw.
Mum Samantha Hayes, who presents Newhub's six o'clock news alongside Mike, posted this cheeky picture on social media, showing her son Marlow beside her on the news desk trying Mike's seat out for size.
She captioned it, "Marlow Blaauw, Newshub".
And while there's room for Marlow to grow into that chair, granted, the time between now and then will fly.
Trust us. We're parents. We've just dropped our firstborn off at university in another city.
"Frame it," TV and radio personality Sharyn Casey suggested in the comments section and it's not a bad idea, if Newshub wants to keep Mike at the top of his game.
Mike may laugh and think it's funny. This is undeniably cute.
But while Mike has abs (and the nation couldn't get enough of them when he showed them off in Dancing With The Stars) and a silky-smooth voice, Marlow is a baby. He has chubby cheeks and adorable baby thighs.
Sam gave birth to this delicious boy on September 19, 2019, after developing pre-eclampsia towards the end of her pregnancy – a serious condition marked by high blood pressure that requires close monitoring of both mother and child.
She was induced early and baby Marlow was delivered safely by Caesarean with his father Jeroen "Jay" Blauuw, 36, by Sam's side.
Sam has said becoming a mother "is he most beautiful thing that's ever happened to me".
''Becoming a mum has made me realise there's certainly more to life than work. I've never felt a happiness like it.''
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021