Despite what we see in films and on TV, the reality of childbirth is far from glamorous - just ask any new mum.
One woman decided it was time to show the real nature of giving birth, sharing a very private moment on Facebook.
Amanda Bacon, from North Carolina in the States, posted a snap to social media showing her husband taking a selfie with the couple's newborn baby, while she stands in the background, naked except for what can only be described as an adult nappy.
She wrote a heartfelt note along with the picture, saying: "Motherhood uncensored. I'm sharing this picture because it's real. This is motherhood; it's raw, stunning, messy, and freaking hilarious all rolled into one.
"Having a baby is a beautiful experience, and the realities of postpartum life aren't spoken enough about. And definitely not photographed enough. Some people probably find this uncomfortable, but why? I seriously don't get it! It's probably because this part isn't talked about. We all should try and educate, empower and embrace every aspect of childbirth, including moments like this. And do it while having a sense of humor. Nothing says welcome to motherhood like an adorable squishy baby, and a giant mom diaper."
She later added that it was her, and not her husband Ken, who shared the photo on social media.
The post has led to thousands of other women open up about what they went through after giving birth, with many of them sharing their own experiences.
Watch: Baby dances inside mum's belly
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019