He's the host of TVNZ 2's Celebrity Treasure Island and one of the country's favourite TV journalists, but for Matt Chisholm, fatherhood is the most important job in the world.
The proud dad to Bede, who is three next month, and one-year-old Finn, admits he doesn't have a good connection with his own father, which has "massively" shaped how he parents.
"Success for me – all I really want in life – is to have a great relationship with my kids and for my boys to say that 'My dad was a really good father and he gave us everything he could,'" he shares. "And, most importantly, that was quality time and that's hard when you're busy."
The 42-year-old's favourite time of the day is when he's play-fighting with his lads, although he admits they're getting bigger and it's beginning to hurt.
"They both love scrapping and that's probably when I'm at my best, when I'm rolling all over the floor with my boys," Matt smiles. "It's such a good time – I love it. But Bede's at the stage now where he will just run up and dive with his knees, and I don't see it coming and it hurts! In about two years, he's going to be tougher than me!"
And while he plans on a bit of rough-and-tumble this Father's Day, as well as a fry-up breakfast and, if the weather holds, a bike ride with the kids, his real treat will be from his wife Ellen, 35, who works part-time as a PR and communications manager.
"My wife will probably let me have a sleep-in, which is pretty much priceless when you're a dad of young children," Matt laughs.
- Fashion TrendsThree spring clothing trends to welcome in the warmer weather
Now To LoveToday 4:12pm
- RoyalsThe date of Duchess Catherine and Prince William's tour to Pakistan has been revealed
Now To LoveToday 3:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan announces she's added another engagement to her South Africa tour itinerary
Now To LoveToday 10:20am
- BodyCould magnetic therapy be the solution to treating aches and pains?
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:15am
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesSep 21, 2019
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveSep 21, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019