He's the host of TVNZ 2's Celebrity Treasure Island and one of the country's favourite TV journalists, but for Matt Chisholm, fatherhood is the most important job in the world.
The proud dad to Bede, who is three next month, and one-year-old Finn, admits he doesn't have a good connection with his own father, which has "massively" shaped how he parents.
"Success for me – all I really want in life – is to have a great relationship with my kids and for my boys to say that 'My dad was a really good father and he gave us everything he could,'" he shares. "And, most importantly, that was quality time and that's hard when you're busy."
The 42-year-old's favourite time of the day is when he's play-fighting with his lads, although he admits they're getting bigger and it's beginning to hurt.
"They both love scrapping and that's probably when I'm at my best, when I'm rolling all over the floor with my boys," Matt smiles. "It's such a good time – I love it. But Bede's at the stage now where he will just run up and dive with his knees, and I don't see it coming and it hurts! In about two years, he's going to be tougher than me!"
And while he plans on a bit of rough-and-tumble this Father's Day, as well as a fry-up breakfast and, if the weather holds, a bike ride with the kids, his real treat will be from his wife Ellen, 35, who works part-time as a PR and communications manager.
"My wife will probably let me have a sleep-in, which is pretty much priceless when you're a dad of young children," Matt laughs.
- FamilyBack-to-school lunch box ideas that your kids will love
Now To LoveToday 9:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthChildbirth goes digital: The Kiwi midwife trialling virtual reality for pain management
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- TVLesina drops a bombshell: There are two Bachelorettes!
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ: Why Elliott Gilchrist might just be 'the one who got away'
Now To LoveToday 3:37pm
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to a special screening of The Professor and The Madman!
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- FamilyMeet The Block NZ Ethan's little miracle son Marley
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares two powerful images to commemorate Holocaust Memorial Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- FamilyMum warns parents about the dangers of self-locking cars after her baby becomes trapped on hot day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Relationships'It's a Bradaissance': Brad Pitt is back and the world couldn't be more excited
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:19am
- CareerThe Great Kiwi Bake-Off winner Trevor Hall's exciting new business venture
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveJan 27, 2020
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesJan 27, 2020