Former Silver Fern Jenny-May Clarkson welcomed twin boys in 2015. As they approach their first birthdays, she shares her top 5 tips for loving your post-baby body.
1 Don’t try to live up to anyone’s expectations. “You don’t have to look a certain way or be a certain way after having babies,” says Jenny-May. “Remove the pressure.”
2 Develop strategies that give you time out. “Think about the way you organise your time. These days, if I’m up at 6.30am, I’ll be sorting dinner so I know when I get home at night I can just relax with the boys.”
3 Work out with your partner. “Dean and I are training together for a team triathlon. It’s a bit of fun and something we enjoy that doesn’t revolve around the boys.”
4 Focus on the bigger picture. “Nothing matters other than your babies being loved and cared for. I remind myself of this often.”
5 Go with your instincts. “Do the kind of exercise that feels right for you. For me, it’s been walking and a bit of swimming.”
- TVBree Tomasel reveals her heartbreaking medical condition
Woman's DayYesterday 4:00pm
- RoyalsThe Queen “regretfully” cancels her appearance at UN climate change summit amid mounting fears for her health
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 2:20pm
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice makes a glamorous appearance after welcoming baby Sienna with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 26, 2021
- At homeBring some tranquility to your home with these trending paint colours
Now To LoveOct 25, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Edna Swart has found the one
Now To LoveOct 23, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's courage: 'My boobs are ticking timebombs!'
Woman's DayOct 21, 2021
- Married at First SightWhich Married At First Sight season 8 couples are still together?
Now To LoveOct 19, 2021