To reduce waste at yours try the following:
- Plan your meals for the week and list their ingredients on your shopping list - then stick to the shopping list when you're at the supermarket
- Review your family's portion sizes - are you overfeeding them?
- Start composting - composting is suitable for raw fruit and veggie peels/leftovers, egg shells and tea bags (no cooked food, meat, dairy or fats)
- Cut out snacking before meals
- Get your kids involved in planning, preparing and cooking meals - they're more likely to eat it if they have a say (and a hand) in it
- Take leftovers from dinner for lunch the next day - or reheat for the next night's dinner
- 'Repurpose' leftovers - leftover rice can be made into a stir-fry, leftover potato mash can be used to make fish cakes, leftover roast meat and veggies can be made into 'bubble and squeak' (ask your nana)