- Make sure she has either something to drink or something to suck on (like a dummy) at take off and landing!
- Brand new toys she's never seen wrapped up like a pass the parcel, snacks, interactive books, post it notes (stick them everywhere and let her pull them off) it's never as bad as you think it's going to be!
- Large snap lock bags for clothes that get spills or other stuff and ask for lots of plastic drinking cups. It's amazing how much fun they can have stacking them! Lots of little snap lock bags with different things in them, the more colour the better.
First-time parents Gemma and Richie McCaw have completed their first long-haul plane trip with baby Charlotte and, as any parent who has travelled with babies will know, this is quite the accomplishment.
The McCaw trio travelled to Tokyo this week for the Rugby World Cup and Gemma was clearly apprehensive about how the flight would go beforehand, asking her Instagram followers for tips on flying with babies.
However, the flight seemed to go without a hitch, with Gemma sharing on social media after the family had arrived in Tokyo that Charlotte had ended up staying awake for most of the trip, happily playing with a cup:
"We made it to Tokyo and will sleep well tonight, hopefully she does too 😆Thanks for all the traveling tips, they were very much appreciated.
"Lottie did well and had so much fun she stayed up most of the way (no tears though) 😂 Who would've thought a cup would provide so much entertainment on board?! We are looking forward to exploring this beautiful city..."
In Gemma's post asking for travel tips, we get the best glimpse of baby Charlotte that we've seen yet and she is absolutely adorable, pretty in pink and snuggled in her dad's arms as she leans towards her mum to press her forehead against Gemma's.
Richie and Gemma are clearly enjoying family life.
Gemma's callout for advice read: "TOKYO bound and we can't wait. Any tips for traveling 11 hours with a baby welcome. Wish us luck 🙈"
And as for the travelling tips, Gemma's followers certainly provided some great ideas. The top tips included:
It sounds like this final tip was the winner on the day - and a bonus that Charlotte seemed happy with just the one cup!
- CareerRachel Hunter on being single, her love affair with India and why she never feels alone
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:30am
- At homeFour ways to give your Christmas decorations a modern refresh without breaking the bank
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- RoyalsPrince William gave a shout out to Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry at this special event
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- Pregnancy & BirthHilaria Baldwin begins her journey of healing after miscarrying fifth child
Now To LoveToday 10:34am
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Shortland Street's Ria Vandervis and princess pooch Maeby
Woman's DayToday 9:55am
- SkincareGemma McCaw's 4 natural beauty treatments you can make at home yourself
Now To LoveToday 7:45am
- CompetitionsWin a Fitbit Versa Lite prizepack for Diabetes Action Month
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- FamilySex educationist reveals what kids really want to know about sex - and it might surprise you
Now To LoveYesterday 9:53am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayYesterday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveNov 11, 2019
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayNov 11, 2019