It may be nearly two years since Barack Obama left the White House but the former president is still bringing joy into our lives. Case in point: yesterday he surprised young patients at a children's hospital in Washington DC.
Stopping by Children's National, the hospital Michelle Obama visited annually during her time as First Lady, Obama went door to door chatting to patients, their families and hospital staff members.
Wearing a fluffy hat and carrying a large red sack, Obama played the role of a stand-in Santa perfectly. In a series of photos and videos shared by the hospital on social media, Obama is seen laughing, joking and handing out gifts.
If this doesn't make you nostalgic for a time when a certain permatanned man wasn't in office, we don't know what will.
"It was truly a wonderful surprise! One of the kids started crying, and another child, who had been too weak to stand for the last few weeks, insisted on getting up to stand for a photo with Obama," Amy Goodwin, the head of public relations for Children's National, told PEOPLE.
"At a time that, obviously, is tough for folks, and as a dad of two girls, I can only imagine in that situation to have nurses and staff and doctors and people who are caring for them and looking after them and listening to them, and just there for them and holding their hand. That's the most important thing there is. What a great reminder of what the holiday spirit is supposed to be about," Obama said.
We're not crying, you're crying.
- CompetitionsWin a Limited Edition Sacred Hill Copper Foil Print
Good Health ChoicesToday 5:00pm
- BodyCould a weighted blanket help you stress less and sleep better?
Now To LoveToday 4:15pm
- CareerWhat Kiwi actress Ginette McDonald really thinks of her daughter Kate McGill following in her footsteps
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry’s reaction to this boy not believing he’s a real royal is seriously priceless
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyHow art therapy helped us cope with the grief of losing their dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:04am
- Real LifeThe question that caused Jacinda Ardern to falter during her visit to Cashmere High School
Now To LoveYesterday 4:39pm
- FitnessThe reasons why you should also be foam rolling before you work out
Now To LoveYesterday 4:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine has made her first ever solo public appearance with The Queen
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Sam Wallace and his adorable new obsession - baby Brando
Woman's DayYesterday 1:50pm
- FamilyEight ways to get your kids off their screens and out into nature
Now To LoveYesterday 11:43am