It may be nearly two years since Barack Obama left the White House but the former president is still bringing joy into our lives. Case in point: yesterday he surprised young patients at a children's hospital in Washington DC.
Stopping by Children's National, the hospital Michelle Obama visited annually during her time as First Lady, Obama went door to door chatting to patients, their families and hospital staff members.
Wearing a fluffy hat and carrying a large red sack, Obama played the role of a stand-in Santa perfectly. In a series of photos and videos shared by the hospital on social media, Obama is seen laughing, joking and handing out gifts.
If this doesn't make you nostalgic for a time when a certain permatanned man wasn't in office, we don't know what will.
"It was truly a wonderful surprise! One of the kids started crying, and another child, who had been too weak to stand for the last few weeks, insisted on getting up to stand for a photo with Obama," Amy Goodwin, the head of public relations for Children's National, told PEOPLE.
"At a time that, obviously, is tough for folks, and as a dad of two girls, I can only imagine in that situation to have nurses and staff and doctors and people who are caring for them and looking after them and listening to them, and just there for them and holding their hand. That's the most important thing there is. What a great reminder of what the holiday spirit is supposed to be about," Obama said.
We're not crying, you're crying.
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveYesterday 7:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe intrepid Kiwi couple in their sixties who trekked 700km across Jordan
The Australian Women's WeeklyJun 23, 2019