Being a parent is not easy, and some days the wins are fewer and farther between than others.
So when we do enjoy a little parenting victory, it's only right that we share it with the world.
Which is exactly what US blogger and mum-of-six Jessica Martin-Weber did when she figured out a way to curb her youngest daughter's habit of interrupting.
In her recent Facebook post, which has gone viral, she revealed that one of her pet parenting grievances was interrupting:
"I like to think I'm a chill parent," she says, "but I have plenty of moments when that is not the case. Certain behaviors are more triggering for me than others.
"One such behavior that requires deep breathing exercises on my part is interrupting. Particularly frequent and persistent interrupting. Which can happen easily with young children and in a large family."
Martin-Weber, who writes a blog Beyond Moi with husband Jeremy, revealed to her Facebook friends:
"We tried teaching "excuse me please" or just "excuse me" but they just repeated that louder and louder too. Cute at first but "excuse me mommy" 30 times isn't much better than "mommy" 30 times.
"In order to help with this and respect our personal boundaries and limits, we have taught our children to demonstrate when they have something to share by gently laying a hand on our arm if we are speaking or listening to someone else at that moment.
"So they know we're aware they want to say something, we physically respond in some way such as putting our hand over their hand or gently touching their back or holding their hand.
"Our youngest has had a very hard time with this. Her excitement is quite compelling and it is just SO. HARD. To contain her enthusiasm and words all at the same time...
"Until now! The last couple of days she has suddenly been using this practice!"
Martin-Weber has received hundreds of supportive comments - and here at Now To Love we're keen to give her technique a go too.
Watch this space.
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals one of Prince Louis’ surprising first words
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice’s sweet text to Ellie Goulding about their friendship was revealed on TV
Now To LoveToday 10:40am
- FamilyParaplegic dad's joy: The newborn son we never thought we'd have
Woman's DayToday 9:45am
- CareerHow footwear designer Kathryn Wilson uses her Samsung Galaxy Note10+ for work and play
Now To LoveToday 9:42am
- CompetitionsWin a gum health prize pack with Oral B and NZ Woman’s Weekly!
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney's hot new romance: 'Meet my toyboy lover'
Woman's DayToday 8:10am
- MindWhy procrastination can be more harmful than we think - and what we can do about it
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- RelationshipsWho was Lezlie Manukian? The Californian girl who swindled a Kiwi family out of their life savings
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyChristmas with the stars: How Laura McGoldrick will be spending the holidays
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- PetsCaring for elderly pets (the trick is to think of them as furry grandparents)
Now To LoveDec 13, 2019
- SkincareThe surprising benefits of caffeine for your skin and body
Now To LoveDec 13, 2019
- BodyPerimenopause: the 'change before the change' explained
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 13, 2019