Being a parent is not easy, and some days the wins are fewer and farther between than others.
So when we do enjoy a little parenting victory, it's only right that we share it with the world.
Which is exactly what US blogger and mum-of-six Jessica Martin-Weber did when she figured out a way to curb her youngest daughter's habit of interrupting.
In her recent Facebook post, which has gone viral, she revealed that one of her pet parenting grievances was interrupting:
"I like to think I'm a chill parent," she says, "but I have plenty of moments when that is not the case. Certain behaviors are more triggering for me than others.
"One such behavior that requires deep breathing exercises on my part is interrupting. Particularly frequent and persistent interrupting. Which can happen easily with young children and in a large family."
Martin-Weber, who writes a blog Beyond Moi with husband Jeremy, revealed to her Facebook friends:
"We tried teaching "excuse me please" or just "excuse me" but they just repeated that louder and louder too. Cute at first but "excuse me mommy" 30 times isn't much better than "mommy" 30 times.
"In order to help with this and respect our personal boundaries and limits, we have taught our children to demonstrate when they have something to share by gently laying a hand on our arm if we are speaking or listening to someone else at that moment.
"So they know we're aware they want to say something, we physically respond in some way such as putting our hand over their hand or gently touching their back or holding their hand.
"Our youngest has had a very hard time with this. Her excitement is quite compelling and it is just SO. HARD. To contain her enthusiasm and words all at the same time...
"Until now! The last couple of days she has suddenly been using this practice!"
Martin-Weber has received hundreds of supportive comments - and here at Now To Love we're keen to give her technique a go too.
Watch this space.
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019