Nadene Lomu, wife of Jonah Lomu who passed away yesterday at his Epsom home in Auckland, aged 40, has set up a Givealittle page to raise money to bring his “dreams and visions to life.”
The rugby great and father of two suffered cardiac arrest, only days after returning to New Zealand from working as a spokesperson in the UK during the Rugby World Cup.
“Jonah and I had big plans to make a difference in the world with all that he learnt and for the great husband, father inspiration and icon to the world he will always be and with that as a team together we were going to build a lasting legacy. Jonah has left this earth too soon leaving us all empty hearted,” Lomu's grieving widow wrote on the Givealittle page.
"Through Jonah's strength which remains in our two sons and myself, with his spirit that will forever be by my side My promise is to bring the visions we both had planned to do together, I will now do this alone and we will make a real difference," her statement reads.
Nadene, who describes herself on the page as Jonah’s best friend, has not yet specified how she will fulfil his legacy but has vowed on a Facebook post linking to the page, to do “everything and more.”
Visit The Legacy of Jonah Lomu Givealittle page here.
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019