Being given an empty box for a gift might not seem like much, but this woman’s reaction to her boyfriend’s present proves love is all about appreciation for the little things.
After Braxton Sislo came across some fancy packaging for cell phone cases that he was unpacking for the kiosk he worked in, he remembered his long-distance girlfriend Ray had mentioned needing something similar.
So the 21-year-old asked his boss if he could have one to give as a gift, and sent a picture of it to his girlfriend with a couple of texts explaining it was just a box and there was nothing inside.
Thinking she’d just respond ‘wow, thanks babe’ her enthusiastic reply totally took him by surprise.
Finding the whole thing hilarious, Braxton posted the exchange to Twitter. The post has since received over 63,000 likes and 19,000 retweets.
Now others are getting in on the act as well, offering friends and significant others boxes as gifts and posting their replies as part of the fun.
Braxton thinks the reason why the post might have been so popular is because people believe that’s what he is actually giving his girlfriend for Christmas, but he explained to the Huffington Post he’s planning on making the trip to see Ray with plenty of real gifts.
“It’s also [because] people want that in their relationships,” he said. “They want their partner to be grateful over little things. So they see Ray reacting like that and realise, ‘That’s what I want in life, a person that cherishes every small thing I do.’
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019