When it comes to live TV, things can get pretty heated – and no one knows that better than Channel Nine newsreader Amber Sherlock, whose awkward exchange with a fellow journalist over her outfit has now gone viral.
In the video, Amber can be seen going head to head with reporter Julie Snook and demanding that she change her outfit. Both Amber and Julie and a third woman, psychologist Sandy Rea, were all wearing white - something Amber noticed just minutes before they were due to go live on air.
Amber proceeded to have a meltdown, demanding that Julie put on different coloured jacket.
“I need Julie to put a jacket on because we're all in white. I asked her before we came on… Julie you need to put a jacket on,” Amber says, speaking to a producer off-camera.
While Julie defended herself, explaining she hadn’t had time to change, Amber replied, “Come on, I told you two hours ago.”
“There can’t be three of us,” Amber continued.
“If it’s an issue I can get on out of here,” Julie replied.
“It is an issue,” Amber countered. “Go and grab a jacket. I wasn’t saying it for no reason. The wardrobe girls will be furious.”
Discussing the clip with Nine Honey, Amber later explained that she “probably overreacted” under the pressure.
“Live TV can be a pretty stressful beast, at times. It's never much fun rocking up to work or to a party in the same outfit as one of your colleagues or friends. I probably overreacted with the pressure of presenting a live news bulletin.”
Julie also stood up for her colleague, revealing: “Amber and I are good friends and I really enjoy working with her, News is a fast moving environment and sometimes these things happen.”
The awkward incident has already seen some hilarious responses online, with the hashtag #PutYourBlazersOnForJulie already up and running.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019