An Australian man, who was due to welcome his first child in two weeks, has died from heatstroke - in a tragedy that made national news over the weekend.
30-year-old Matthew Hall collapsed and died of heatstroke on Friday, after he succumbed to temperatures in the low 30s. The pilot, from Brisbane, had been out dirt bike riding on the Sunshine Coast when he began to feel unwell, reports 7 News.
By the time paramedics reached the Australian, who was in Beerburrum State Forest, his body temperature had reached a critical 42 degrees and his organs had started to shut down.
Tragically, Matthew was just about to welcome his first child with wife, Emily Hall, also 30, in the coming weeks.
Shattered by her loss, Emily has spoken out about how she "can't fathom life without him," but is trying to remain strong for their baby son, due in just two weeks.
"I will love him enough for the two of us and I will make sure I do Matt proud and be the best mum to him."
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am