One Scottish granny is being labelled the most “savage nana” after telling her granddaughter – and the world – she’d be “stunning if she lost weight” on Facebook.
Chloe Gallacher, 19, uploaded a stunning selfie of herself on the social networking site - she had her hair and makeup done perfectly and was clearly expecting a few likes and some lovely comments from her friends. But her 70-year-old grandmother Mary had other ideas.
Twenty minutes after Chloe uploaded the photo Mary commented with this stinging one liner:
“How stunning would you be if you lost weight xx”.
The “xx”… ouch!
Naturally somebody saw the brutal post and uploaded it on Twitter and many have been leaving comments about how they can relate it to their own granny’s honesty.
"This is our mums," wrote one user.
Another wrote: "Imagine having this savage granny."
Chatting to The Sun about the viral post, Chloe said: “She got quite upset because she thought people were taking it as if she was being nasty when that wasn’t the case.”
“I didn’t think anything of it, my nana’s always like that and doesn’t hold back, she’s some woman but we wouldn’t have her any other way.”
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019