This week 1 News at Six celebrates its 50th year of delivering news into our living rooms every evening. Technology has advanced and gone are the days of waiting for footage to be flown in (literally, the Royal NZ Air Force flew across the Tasman to pick up footage of the moon landing) but we still tune in to the nightly news bulletin to keep us informed.
It's had more name changes than your four-time divorcee Aunt Pam but through the good times and bad, the 6pm broadcast has been there to keep us up to date with what's afoot across the country.
After five decades of 1 News newscasters appearing on our screens every day, many are now so familiar to us they seem like family. Richard Long and Judy Bailey were even memorialised in vegetables at The 2001 Ellerslie flower show.
We all have our personal favourites from over the years but each person to have fronted the 1 News cameras has brought their own unique appeal to the job.
To commemorate the 50th anniversary of 1 News we're answering the question on everyone's minds: which iconic news presenter are you most like?
- Celebrity NewsJacinda Ardern and Clarke Gayford set a wedding date!
Woman's DayMay 12, 2021
- SkincareAll you need to know about retinol and anti-ageing ingredients
Now To LoveMay 06, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Patrick and Belinda: 'Pat will make a great Dad!'
Woman's DayMay 05, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Bryce & Melissa: 'We're getting our own show!'
Woman's DayMay 04, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021