A supermarket cake might not be a bride's first choice for her big day, but when disaster strikes and the cake you ordered never arrives, it becomes a case of needs must.
Proving just how versatile a supermarket cake can actually be, a mud cake from Woolworths in Australia (New Zealand's Woolworths chain was renamed Countdown) saved Australian bride Jade Neil's wedding day after hers didn't turn up.
The Townsville beautician had spent two years planning the wedding of her dreams but in the true tradition of a good wedding, where something is bound to go wrong, Jade's cake went missing the day of her 7 October wedding last year.
Jade told the Townsville Bulletin that after the cake company had said they had no record of her order, she was ready to resign herself to the fact her wedding would be a cakeless one.
However, her quick-thinking sister-in-law and friend came to the rescue, using three Woolworths mud cakes, Betty Crocker icing and fresh flowers to create a surprisingly chic and fantastically cheap wedding cake.
“I was blown away when they brought it in,” Jade said.
“And there was barely any left at the end.”Jade was so impressed with the wedding cake she posted on the Woolworths Facebook page, explaining the amazing situation.
The post has since gone viral, seeing Jade featured on the Australian morning TV show, Sunrise, and even making its way over to UK news sites.
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019