As all brides-to-be know, Pinterest is a wealth of inspiration when it comes to planning your wedding. From table settings to cakes to bridalwear, the online platform is where you can go to find ideas for your big day relating to every detail you are likely to consider.
Pinterest has just released its latest wedding report, which provides insights into what people are searching for and what's trending.
So what wedding trends are going to be big in 2018, according to Pinterest?
In bridalwear, comfort will reign supreme with brides turning to high necklines, jumpsuits and wearing flats over heels. Grooms are dropping ties.
Jewellery is going decidedly art deco. Oval stones are favoured or moissanite gems.
Couples are favouring natural outdoor settings that require little to no decorating for wedding venues.
There also seems to be a growing trend towards low-key ceremonies - for example, opting for a small courthouse ceremony over a grand affair in a monumental building.
In cakes, think 'like grandma used to make'. Carb-loaded menus are back, or at the other extreme, vegan.
Here are some of those trends in pictures:
Say goodbye to strapless. Boleros and capes are also going to be big.
Perfect for a backless gown and made for complementing an up-do.
The ultimate in comfort, we can't get enough of them in everyday life. It's no surprise they've caught on in bridalwear too.
It's a joyful day but a long day - why wouldn't you?
Which can only make for a more relaxed groom.
Napier is the Art deco capital of New Zealand and may be the city to visit if you're looking for the perfect ring.
These take us back to our childhoods, poring through our grandmother's jewellery box.
Meghan Markle is the queen of this casual, chic look.
This youthful, fresh look pairs perfectly with less structured hairstyles. Long, lush lashes complete it.
Anything else would simply detract from the view.
A registry office wedding definitely suits a couple who considers themselves low-key.
See what we mean about 'what grandma used to make'?
... Also promise to be big this year.
Yes, carbs are back. Pretzel or doughnut bars are also trending in 2018.
Because veganism is still on the rise.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019