For some newlyweds the first dance is the most dreaded tradition of the wedding ceremony. Not all of us are light on our feet and having to get up in front of your loved ones to move in ways that feel completely unfamiliar can be daunting.
But not when you're these guys. Grooms Noah Aberlin and PJ Simmons inspired awe at their wedding in New York on October 7 with dance moves so epic they've become an internet sensation.
Their dance begins ho-hum enough with the pair shuffling across the floor to It's A Quiet Thing by Morgana King.
But then all of a sudden the music cuts out and the next thing you know, they're blowing their guests' minds with a whole series of really sharp dance moves in lots of different dance styles to a medley of different songs. The titles include Conga by Gloria Estefan, Gonna Make You Sweat by C+C Music Factory, Vogue by Madonna, Get Down Tonight by KC and The Sunshine Band and Puttin' On The Ritz from Young Frankenstein the musical.
The couple finish by nailing a Dirty Dancing-inspired lift in their grand finale number, The Time Of My Life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes from the movie Dirty Dancing. Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey would be so proud!
What makes this dance even more impressive is the fact the couple choreographed it themselves.
Noah is a musical theatre performer who has performed professionally in national tours of shows like Young Frankenstein, The Producers and The Wizard of Oz.
However PJ revealed to the Huffington Post that he's actually just more a of a tennis player, with a love of salsa dancing. While he was understandably nervous about doing the lift, which was Noah's suggestion, he told the Post he was confident in Noah's ability to catch him.
"I was initially like, 'Are you nuts?' But he's a strong guy who I would trust with my life... It was super scary at first but so much fun to work on together."
The couple, who has been together 10 years, met through mutual friends setting them up. Despite being dubious about being match-made, they were surprised to find they hit it off instantly and things went from strength to strength.
If their wedding dance is anything to go by they'll be in perfect synchrony as they light-foot their way through life together!
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019