For some newlyweds the first dance is the most dreaded tradition of the wedding ceremony. Not all of us are light on our feet and having to get up in front of your loved ones to move in ways that feel completely unfamiliar can be daunting.
But not when you're these guys. Grooms Noah Aberlin and PJ Simmons inspired awe at their wedding in New York on October 7 with dance moves so epic they've become an internet sensation.
Their dance begins ho-hum enough with the pair shuffling across the floor to It's A Quiet Thing by Morgana King.
But then all of a sudden the music cuts out and the next thing you know, they're blowing their guests' minds with a whole series of really sharp dance moves in lots of different dance styles to a medley of different songs. The titles include Conga by Gloria Estefan, Gonna Make You Sweat by C+C Music Factory, Vogue by Madonna, Get Down Tonight by KC and The Sunshine Band and Puttin' On The Ritz from Young Frankenstein the musical.
The couple finish by nailing a Dirty Dancing-inspired lift in their grand finale number, The Time Of My Life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes from the movie Dirty Dancing. Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey would be so proud!
What makes this dance even more impressive is the fact the couple choreographed it themselves.
Noah is a musical theatre performer who has performed professionally in national tours of shows like Young Frankenstein, The Producers and The Wizard of Oz.
However PJ revealed to the Huffington Post that he's actually just more a of a tennis player, with a love of salsa dancing. While he was understandably nervous about doing the lift, which was Noah's suggestion, he told the Post he was confident in Noah's ability to catch him.
"I was initially like, 'Are you nuts?' But he's a strong guy who I would trust with my life... It was super scary at first but so much fun to work on together."
The couple, who has been together 10 years, met through mutual friends setting them up. Despite being dubious about being match-made, they were surprised to find they hit it off instantly and things went from strength to strength.
If their wedding dance is anything to go by they'll be in perfect synchrony as they light-foot their way through life together!
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019