For some newlyweds the first dance is the most dreaded tradition of the wedding ceremony. Not all of us are light on our feet and having to get up in front of your loved ones to move in ways that feel completely unfamiliar can be daunting.
But not when you're these guys. Grooms Noah Aberlin and PJ Simmons inspired awe at their wedding in New York on October 7 with dance moves so epic they've become an internet sensation.
Their dance begins ho-hum enough with the pair shuffling across the floor to It's A Quiet Thing by Morgana King.
But then all of a sudden the music cuts out and the next thing you know, they're blowing their guests' minds with a whole series of really sharp dance moves in lots of different dance styles to a medley of different songs. The titles include Conga by Gloria Estefan, Gonna Make You Sweat by C+C Music Factory, Vogue by Madonna, Get Down Tonight by KC and The Sunshine Band and Puttin' On The Ritz from Young Frankenstein the musical.
The couple finish by nailing a Dirty Dancing-inspired lift in their grand finale number, The Time Of My Life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes from the movie Dirty Dancing. Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey would be so proud!
What makes this dance even more impressive is the fact the couple choreographed it themselves.
Noah is a musical theatre performer who has performed professionally in national tours of shows like Young Frankenstein, The Producers and The Wizard of Oz.
However PJ revealed to the Huffington Post that he's actually just more a of a tennis player, with a love of salsa dancing. While he was understandably nervous about doing the lift, which was Noah's suggestion, he told the Post he was confident in Noah's ability to catch him.
"I was initially like, 'Are you nuts?' But he's a strong guy who I would trust with my life... It was super scary at first but so much fun to work on together."
The couple, who has been together 10 years, met through mutual friends setting them up. Despite being dubious about being match-made, they were surprised to find they hit it off instantly and things went from strength to strength.
If their wedding dance is anything to go by they'll be in perfect synchrony as they light-foot their way through life together!
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Married at First SightIs MAFS' Mike Gunner running his own fan page? The signs are compelling!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019
- BodyWhat it's like one year on from weight-loss surgery
Now To LoveFeb 12, 2019