There are some things about weddings that will always stay the same.
The bride will look gorgeous; there will be music, food and laughter; and everyone will go home feeling that all is right with the world.
But more and more often, couples are bucking wedding traditions to put their own spin on their big day and some of the new trends that are emerging are nothing short of fabulous.
Here, we share with you some of our favourite wedding trends from 2019. The overarching theme is 'do as you please', and we are loving the originality.
We've all got a favourite denim or leather jacket that goes with everything. If we love it that much, why not wear it when we get married too?
We love this idea of teaming bridalwear with streetwear. Brides are also turning up at the altar in their favourite sneakers.
This is real cause for celebration! Frankly, we are over hearing about brides starving themselves to fit into their wedding dress on their big day.
Why does anyone need to drop a dress size in order to get married? Girl, your partner loves you just the way you are!
So, pre-wedding crash diets have been kicked to the curb, with 2019's brides proudly embracing their curves. Pinterest searches on "wedding dresses for curvy brides" are up 2113 per cent, proving that body positive attitudes are here, and (we sincerely hope) here to stay!
We've all been to weddings where the bride and groom get swallowed up in the crowd. Today's couples are shunning the idea of traditional big white weddings in favour of slipping away to a faraway destination with just a handful of their nearest and dearest, or even on their own. Pinterest searches with the keyword "elopement" are up 128 per cent, and searches on "destination weddings" are increasing too.
The couple pictured above eloped to Mt Hotham, Victoria, with the help of the team from Anteloping, which specialises in helping couples put elopement packages together.
An intimate destination wedding is far less intimidating for a bride or groom who doesn't like being the centre of attention. Destination weddings are also surprisingly budget-friendly in comparison to throwing a big party, leaving your bank balance in a healthier state for the start of married life together.
Okay, we confess we wish we were getting married just so we could wear one of these.
UK bridal accessories company Crown and Glory is selling these show-stopping veils that come in rainbow, disco dots, embroidered and dip dye.
They scream fun - and completely embrace 2019's trend of going with colour in bridalwear too.
Of the top 100 trending search terms on Pinterest, 30 per cent are for multicultural weddings such as wedding hijab styles, Nigerian weddings and South Indian weddings.
The diverseness that comes with weddings that celebrate the bride and groom's cultures bring a richness and warmth that makes your big day truly special and unique.
Beautifully wild and overflowing 'as if just gathered from the garden' remains the trend in bouquets. But we're beginning to see more of a use of dried flowers, dry, feathery grasses (like toetoe) and dry wild pods. We love the textures and softness they add.
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- TVWhat drove these celebs to sign up for Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 12:35pm
- Pregnancy & BirthWhy model Ashley Graham's baby bump photo has got everyone talking
Now To LoveToday 12:07pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine honours this lucky nine-year-old to celebrate World Photography Day
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerI loved him like a son: Phil Kingsley Jones remembers Jonah Lomu in his final years
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:29am
- TVMatty McLean says he's lived some of his proudest moments on Celebrity Treasure Island
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- TVThe redemption of former All Black Zac Guildford on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45pm
- TVKarl Burnett quits Celebrity Treasure Island as mental health suffers
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- Married at First SightMAFS' Cyrell Paule is expecting a baby with Love Island's Eden Dally
Now To LoveYesterday 1:21pm
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry jet off on another family holiday to the south of France
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am