Just weeks after taking their first overseas trip together as a couple, The Bachelor NZ's Zac Franich and Viarni Bright have broken up.
In a post on his Instagram account, 28-year-old Zac said that the pair had decided to part ways.
"Recently we both decided to continue our relationship just as friends. We’ll always share a lot of mutual love and respect, but felt we just weren’t quite right for each other.
"It’s not something we took lightly & it’s really tough for the both of us. I know there’s no one else I would have rather embarked on this wild ride with, and can only ever smile when thinking of the time Viarni and I shared. I’ve learnt a lot from her and have had so many good times, for which I’ll always be grateful," he added.
The pair who met on the third season of the Three reality series told Woman's Day last month that they hadn't said I love you to each other.
“We’ve talked about love, but we’ve not said the word quite yet,” Viarni, 23, told the mag. “We don’t want to say it just for the sake of it and we’re really happy with what we’ve got going on. Put it this way – I like Zac very, very, very, very, very much!”
However in an Instagram post written at the same time as Zac's, Viarni confirmed the break-up. She said she was grateful for the experience but that they weren't right for each other.
"As much as we wanted it to be forever, with heavy hearts we have decided to go our separate ways. It’s an extremely hard situation but I’m proud of us for being true to ourselves & choosing to share it, in our own words.
"Zac is a wonderful person & we will continue to care for each other. "
We wish them both the very best!
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019