Just weeks after taking their first overseas trip together as a couple, The Bachelor NZ's Zac Franich and Viarni Bright have broken up.
In a post on his Instagram account, 28-year-old Zac said that the pair had decided to part ways.
"Recently we both decided to continue our relationship just as friends. We’ll always share a lot of mutual love and respect, but felt we just weren’t quite right for each other.
"It’s not something we took lightly & it’s really tough for the both of us. I know there’s no one else I would have rather embarked on this wild ride with, and can only ever smile when thinking of the time Viarni and I shared. I’ve learnt a lot from her and have had so many good times, for which I’ll always be grateful," he added.
The pair who met on the third season of the Three reality series told Woman's Day last month that they hadn't said I love you to each other.
“We’ve talked about love, but we’ve not said the word quite yet,” Viarni, 23, told the mag. “We don’t want to say it just for the sake of it and we’re really happy with what we’ve got going on. Put it this way – I like Zac very, very, very, very, very much!”
However in an Instagram post written at the same time as Zac's, Viarni confirmed the break-up. She said she was grateful for the experience but that they weren't right for each other.
"As much as we wanted it to be forever, with heavy hearts we have decided to go our separate ways. It’s an extremely hard situation but I’m proud of us for being true to ourselves & choosing to share it, in our own words.
"Zac is a wonderful person & we will continue to care for each other. "
We wish them both the very best!
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019