Just weeks after taking their first overseas trip together as a couple, The Bachelor NZ's Zac Franich and Viarni Bright have broken up.
In a post on his Instagram account, 28-year-old Zac said that the pair had decided to part ways.
"Recently we both decided to continue our relationship just as friends. We’ll always share a lot of mutual love and respect, but felt we just weren’t quite right for each other.
"It’s not something we took lightly & it’s really tough for the both of us. I know there’s no one else I would have rather embarked on this wild ride with, and can only ever smile when thinking of the time Viarni and I shared. I’ve learnt a lot from her and have had so many good times, for which I’ll always be grateful," he added.
The pair who met on the third season of the Three reality series told Woman's Day last month that they hadn't said I love you to each other.
“We’ve talked about love, but we’ve not said the word quite yet,” Viarni, 23, told the mag. “We don’t want to say it just for the sake of it and we’re really happy with what we’ve got going on. Put it this way – I like Zac very, very, very, very, very much!”
However in an Instagram post written at the same time as Zac's, Viarni confirmed the break-up. She said she was grateful for the experience but that they weren't right for each other.
"As much as we wanted it to be forever, with heavy hearts we have decided to go our separate ways. It’s an extremely hard situation but I’m proud of us for being true to ourselves & choosing to share it, in our own words.
"Zac is a wonderful person & we will continue to care for each other. "
We wish them both the very best!
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RelationshipsMatty McLean reveals what partner Ryan calls him… and it’s not what you'd think!
Now To LoveYesterday 1:26pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles met Greta Thunberg and revealed why he doesn't want to disappoint his grandchildren
Now To LoveYesterday 12:55pm
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:38am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine speaks out about the isolation she felt when Prince George was a baby
Now To LoveYesterday 9:18am
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020